ati dvd files 720x960

Old January 2nd 07, 10:51 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
randy

Default ati dvd files 720x960

I've done a clean install of Xp and ati software

6-8_xcode_35179, and atiCDwiz

6-11_xp-2k_dd_ccc_wmd_en_37616

9-14_mmc_uci

9-15_mmc_enu

All my DVD captures are still 720x960

HELP !!!

Old January 3rd 07, 06:22 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
First of One

The expected resolution is 720x480, so it looks like the horizontal
resolution is being doubled. Sounds like a problem with deinterlacing,
progressive scan, etc.

By "DVD capture", do you mean getting an s-video or component feed from an
external DVD player? Or trying to encode a captured TV show onto DVD?

ps.com...

Old January 3rd 07, 01:06 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
randy

I click record, or a schedule a recording

and the captured TV show is 720x960.

Tuner or composite in.

The clean install fixed VCD, it was 352 x 480.

Randy

First of One wrote:
The expected resolution is 720x480, so it looks like the horizontal
resolution is being doubled. Sounds like a problem with deinterlacing,
progressive scan, etc.

By "DVD capture", do you mean getting an s-video or component feed from an
external DVD player? Or trying to encode a captured TV show onto DVD?

ps.com...

Old January 3rd 07, 08:16 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
T Shadow

oups.com...

First of One wrote:
The expected resolution is 720x480, so it looks like the horizontal
resolution is being doubled. Sounds like a problem with deinterlacing,
progressive scan, etc.

By "DVD capture", do you mean getting an s-video or component feed from

an
external DVD player? Or trying to encode a captured TV show onto DVD?

"randy" wrote in message
ps.com...
I've done a clean install of Xp and ati software

6-8_xcode_35179, and atiCDwiz

6-11_xp-2k_dd_ccc_wmd_en_37616

9-14_mmc_uci

9-15_mmc_enu

All my DVD captures are still 720x960

HELP !!!

This is a problem with 9.1?. Don't know if 9.16 cured it.

Old January 4th 07, 09:51 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
randy

Can't install 9.16

Unable to start TV
"check the windows device manger to ensure that the correct video
drivers has been installed and working properly before attempting to
restart TV."

Randy

T Shadow wrote:
oups.com...

First of One wrote:
The expected resolution is 720x480, so it looks like the horizontal
resolution is being doubled. Sounds like a problem with deinterlacing,
progressive scan, etc.

By "DVD capture", do you mean getting an s-video or component feed from

an
external DVD player? Or trying to encode a captured TV show onto DVD?

ps.com...

Old January 4th 07, 10:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
randy

randy wrote:
Can't install 9.16

Unable to start TV
"check the windows device manger to ensure that the correct video
drivers has been installed and working properly before attempting to
restart TV."

Randy

T Shadow wrote:
oups.com...

First of One wrote:
The expected resolution is 720x480, so it looks like the horizontal
resolution is being doubled. Sounds like a problem with deinterlacing,
progressive scan, etc.

By "DVD capture", do you mean getting an s-video or component feed from

an
external DVD player? Or trying to encode a captured TV show onto DVD?

ps.com...

Old January 4th 07, 10:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
randy

randy wrote:
Can't install 9.16

Unable to start TV
"check the windows device manger to ensure that the correct video
drivers has been installed and working properly before attempting to
restart TV."

Randy

T Shadow wrote:
oups.com...

First of One wrote:
The expected resolution is 720x480, so it looks like the horizontal
resolution is being doubled. Sounds like a problem with deinterlacing,
progressive scan, etc.

By "DVD capture", do you mean getting an s-video or component feed from

an
external DVD player? Or trying to encode a captured TV show onto DVD?

ps.com...

Old January 4th 07, 10:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
randy

randy wrote:
Can't install 9.16

Unable to start TV
"check the windows device manger to ensure that the correct video
drivers has been installed and working properly before attempting to
restart TV."

Randy

T Shadow wrote:
oups.com...

First of One wrote:
The expected resolution is 720x480, so it looks like the horizontal
resolution is being doubled. Sounds like a problem with deinterlacing,
progressive scan, etc.

By "DVD capture", do you mean getting an s-video or component feed from

an
external DVD player? Or trying to encode a captured TV show onto DVD?

ps.com...

Old January 5th 07, 10:33 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
T Shadow

"randy" wrote in message
ups.com...
Can't install 9.16

Unable to start TV
"check the windows device manger to ensure that the correct video
drivers has been installed and working properly before attempting to
restart TV."

Randy

T Shadow wrote:
"randy" wrote in message
oups.com...

I click record, or a schedule a recording

and the captured TV show is 720x960.

Tuner or composite in.

The clean install fixed VCD, it was 352 x 480.

Randy

"randy" wrote in message
ps.com...
I've done a clean install of Xp and ati software

6-8_xcode_35179, and atiCDwiz

6-11_xp-2k_dd_ccc_wmd_en_37616

9-14_mmc_uci

9-15_mmc_enu

All my DVD captures are still 720x960

HELP !!!

This is a problem with 9.1?. Don't know if 9.16 cured it.

I posted info on the order of installation within the last week. You may
need to use the info on ati.com/install to clean out the old installation
first though.
If all you have is an AIW and your card doesn't need newer drivers MMC 9.08
or 9.06 may be a better choice anyway.

Old January 6th 07, 05:56 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
randy

T.

I am fdisking & formating my drive,

clean install of XP pro SP2 and downloading 57 +/- updates.

For the 1st time the 8.7 cd gave me an error, starting to think

one of the updates is at fault.

Will try the updates after the ati install.

Thank for the input.

randy

T Shadow wrote:
"randy" wrote in message
ups.com...
Can't install 9.16

Unable to start TV
"check the windows device manger to ensure that the correct video
drivers has been installed and working properly before attempting to
restart TV."

Randy

T Shadow wrote:
"randy" wrote in message
oups.com...

I click record, or a schedule a recording

and the captured TV show is 720x960.

Tuner or composite in.

The clean install fixed VCD, it was 352 x 480.

Randy

ps.com...