AIW problem - TV feature wont initialize

Old December 29th 06, 01:30 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Brad

Default AIW problem - TV feature wont initialize

I have an AIW 9600xt and everything was working fine a few days ago. I have
dual monitors set up and have the tv cable signal coming in so I can watch
regular tv on 1 monitor.

I saw the new drivers on the ATI site and installed them. The next time I
loaded TV I hear static for a few seconds and then an error message that:

"The tv player failed to initialize. Check the Windows Device Manager to
ensure that the correct video driver has been installed and is working
properly before attampting to restart TV."

I downloaded Catalyst 6.12 and ATI multimedia software 9.16 from Win XP/
All-in-Wonder/AIW 9600 series so I dont know what the problem of incorrect
drivers could be.

Any thoughts?
Thanks

Old December 30th 06, 04:00 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Brad

Got it fixed. Went to reinstall and it tells me I need NET framework 2.0 or
higher or something and I had ver 1.1.

Old January 1st 07, 02:57 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
[email protected]

I have same issue as below with my ATI Multimedia Center TV and hope
someone can confirm theirs works and assit me with a specific fix for
my system.

"The TV Player failed to initialize." after new XP Pro SP2 O/S install
with ATI AIW 9600 and new install of DirectX 9 and .Net ver 2 with
Catalyst 6.12 and ATI multimedia software 9.16

All drivers and O/S are new first time install. All looks well under
device manager - no errors with ATI T200 Unified AVStream Driver. The
ATI Catalyst 6.12 video driver and software tested and works well in
all modes with my dual LG LCD monitors. But no TV...

Under "Add / Remove Programs" I have installed...
Windows XP Pro SP2
ATI Software Uninstall Utility
ATI Catalyst Control Center
ATI Decoder
ATI Display Driver
ATI Multimedia Center 9.16
AVIVO Codecs
DAO
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
Titan TV Client Components for ATI
Windows Media Encoder 9 Series

Windows Start Run "DXDiag" shows DirectX 9.0c and all tested
well.

System is Gigabyte 8KNXP rev2 motherboard..

Am I missing any required dependencies?

Anyone know of any possible conflicting applications, services or
incompatible hardware issues I should look for?

I appreciate your time in advance to respond. Thank you... Lloyd

---------------------

Old January 1st 07, 08:24 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
T Shadow

wrote in message
oups.com...
T Shadow wrote:
"Brad" wrote in message
[...]

Looks like you have everything. Actually too much. the "Titan TV Client
Components for ATI" is part of DAO and doesn't work with the AIW anyway.

Order of installation is important, You should have had .Net and DX9
installed before starting the Cat install. If you didn't you may need to
start over from the beginning(per ati.com/install) or maybe not. Impossible
to tell which way will be quickest. Flip a coin.

Regardless of what you decided to do in the last step, every thing should be
uninstalled back to the Cat installation then every thing on the MMC page
reinstalled in the order they appear on the webpage. Wait till you have that
working before installing RW. If you install Guide+ from the CD run the
update program before using it or it'll get corrupted.

Getting to be a lot of steps. I print it out and check it off as I do it to
keep from forgetting things. Good Luck.