Using a TV with my computer

Old December 21st 06, 06:05 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Dimos

Default Using a TV with my computer

I would like to hook up a standard TV to my computer to provide easier
viewing (larger picture) My video card is an ATI Radeon XPress 200
Series that has a SVideo input and output. My TV has a SVideo input. I
know that hookup isn't as easy as just attaching a SVideo cable.

What else do I need to do?

Oh, yeah, I'm runnung XP Home SP2

Many thanks in advance
____________
*'Breast Augmentation Northern California'
(http://www.drmosser.com/breast_augme...francisco.html) 'Poker
Bonus Codes.' (http://www.nobluff.com/)*

--
Dimos
Dimos's Profile: http://www.futurehardware.in/member.php?userid=385

Future Hardware - http://www.futurehardware.in

Old December 21st 06, 07:24 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Tom Lake

I would like to hook up a standard TV to my computer to provide easier
viewing (larger picture) My video card is an ATI Radeon XPress 200
Series that has a SVideo input and output. My TV has a SVideo input. I
know that hookup isn't as easy as just attaching a SVideo cable.

What else do I need to do?

Oh, yeah, I'm runnung XP Home SP2

Make sure the TV is on when you turn on your computer and boot Windows.
Then you can right-click on the desktop click properties, then click the
Settings tab.
From there you can select which screen is which.

Tom Lake

Old December 21st 06, 07:33 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Julien BH

Tom Lake wrote:
I would like to hook up a standard TV to my computer to provide easier
viewing (larger picture) My video card is an ATI Radeon XPress 200
Series that has a SVideo input and output. My TV has a SVideo input. I
know that hookup isn't as easy as just attaching a SVideo cable.

What else do I need to do?

Oh, yeah, I'm runnung XP Home SP2

Make sure the TV is on when you turn on your computer and boot Windows.
Then you can right-click on the desktop click properties, then click the
Settings tab.
From there you can select which screen is which.

Tom Lake

I hope you don't want to do word documents like that. It won't work. If
you just wanna watch some moovies, it'll be allright. The def of a tv
is about 320 X 240 (very low res) so you won't see text clearly. My 2
cents.

Old December 22nd 06, 05:13 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
JLC

"Julien BH" wrote in message
ups.com...

Tom Lake wrote:
I would like to hook up a standard TV to my computer to provide easier
viewing (larger picture) My video card is an ATI Radeon XPress 200
Series that has a SVideo input and output. My TV has a SVideo input. I
know that hookup isn't as easy as just attaching a SVideo cable.

What else do I need to do?

Oh, yeah, I'm runnung XP Home SP2

Make sure the TV is on when you turn on your computer and boot Windows.
Then you can right-click on the desktop click properties, then click the
Settings tab.
From there you can select which screen is which.

Tom Lake

I hope you don't want to do word documents like that. It won't work. If
you just wanna watch some moovies, it'll be allright. The def of a tv
is about 320 X 240 (very low res) so you won't see text clearly. My 2
cents.

If you make the font size big enough it works great. I use my 20" standard
def. TV all the time to browse the web, and watch DVD's. Text is very
readable if you set the ATI TV control sharpness to max. And used big fonts.
Sometimes I just don't want to sit at my PC. Wireless KB & Mouse work out
great as well. JLC

Old December 22nd 06, 06:20 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
T Shadow

"JLC" jc@nospam wrote in message
. ..

"Julien BH" wrote in message
ups.com...

Tom Lake wrote:
I would like to hook up a standard TV to my computer to provide

easier
viewing (larger picture) My video card is an ATI Radeon XPress 200
Series that has a SVideo input and output. My TV has a SVideo input.

know that hookup isn't as easy as just attaching a SVideo cable.

What else do I need to do?

Oh, yeah, I'm runnung XP Home SP2

Make sure the TV is on when you turn on your computer and boot Windows.
Then you can right-click on the desktop click properties, then click

the
Settings tab.
From there you can select which screen is which.

Tom Lake

I hope you don't want to do word documents like that. It won't work. If
you just wanna watch some moovies, it'll be allright. The def of a tv
is about 320 X 240 (very low res) so you won't see text clearly. My 2
cents.

If you make the font size big enough it works great. I use my 20" standard
def. TV all the time to browse the web, and watch DVD's. Text is very
readable if you set the ATI TV control sharpness to max. And used big

fonts.
Sometimes I just don't want to sit at my PC. Wireless KB & Mouse work out
great as well. JLC

Never worked for me but my TV only has composite. Had to use the Magnifier
to read file names.

Old December 22nd 06, 11:04 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
[email protected]

Julien BH
I hope you don't want to do word documents like that. It won't work. If
you just wanna watch some moovies, it'll be allright. The def of a tv
is about 320 X 240 (very low res) so you won't see text clearly. My 2
cents.

Actually it is 720x576 on PAL, almost 800x600, and 640x480 on NTSC. You
can do almost everything but because it uses Interlaced it is not as
stable as a monitor. But for a great picture quality I would recommend
to use the VGA output RGB and sync signals for driving TV Scart input
and configure the card sync signals tweaking the registry or using
PowerStrip for the TV to sync. I've done that.

Old December 23rd 06, 04:42 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
[email protected]

Julien BH wrote:
snip
I hope you don't want to do word documents like that. It won't work.

If
you just wanna watch some moovies, it'll be allright. The def of a

tv
is about 320 X 240 (very low res) so you won't see text clearly. My

2
cents.

Make that 640x480 interlaced but you're right that the text will be
bad.

GG