CPU temperature

Old July 6th 03, 08:56 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Robert Creasey

Default CPU temperature

I have just built a system with a MSI k7n2g ilsr mainboard with an XP 2600+.
CPU temperature shows between 55C and 59C. Is this normal? The cpu was boxed
and uses the standard amd cooler and fan. Thanks in advance.
Rob

Old July 6th 03, 11:39 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird

I have an MSI KT4V running an AMD XP 2500 and that is what my temperatures
are when running high intensive graphics. MSI provides you with a
temperature monitoring software which I recommend you install and run. The
threshold for this software monitor is 75C, so you should be fine provided
you have enough air circulation within the casing.

regards

Old July 6th 03, 07:29 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Brad

I think your CPU has a max operating temp of 85C, so you're well short of
that. A better cooler and lower ambient heat in the case (ie, more and
better fans) might bring cpu temp down a few degrees, but you're probably
okay. Another thing would be to consider a better thermal compound than the
included silicone paste (Artic Silver, etc.), it can also make a few degrees
difference.

Old July 8th 03, 02:24 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Verne Cotton

Hi all,
It seems that these AMD's run very hot. I have an oversized cpu fan and an
extra intake fan on the front and that took my system temp down to about 30C
from 40C and cpu temp down to 52 from 67. It seems that the important thing
is lots of crossflow ventilation so you have to make sure that the front fan
pulls the air in and the back fan blows it back out of the case for maximum
efficiency.
Best,
Verne

Old July 9th 03, 12:24 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Robert Creasey

Thanks for the information, I believe the maximum operation temperature in
85C so I am well below that level. Today the temperature of the cpu hovers
between 53 and 56 so I will keep my fingers crossed that this is OK. I have
no problems with the computer operating at these temperatures but it just
seemed to me to be a little on the high side.
Robert

Old July 10th 03, 02:09 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
777ouse

have you upgraded to the newest bios.. it fixes the temp readings to correct
that problem ... i have the same board and after a bios flash they are now
back down to where they should be..

Old July 13th 03, 08:55 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Dark1

where they should be?
I guess all of my other motherboards were wrong too then..and alot of
people's.
it puts them into the low 30's.. I have a hard time swallowing an AMD with
stock cooling being anywhere near that..sorry, I think their "fix" just
screwed the accuracy..

. ..

Old July 16th 03, 03:04 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Andreas Kniepert

"Robert Creasey" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
[...]

...and what is then highest temp. for an AMD Athlon 2000XP ?