1800xp runs at 2600??

Old July 9th 03, 04:31 PM
Balthazar

Default 1800xp runs at 2600??

Hi

Many apologies if this kinda question has been posted b4 :-)

Ive been lead to believe that the 1800XP chip can be overclocked to run at
2600.. Is this true? If its true then will my board support the clock speed
? I currently use a MSI KT3 Ultra motherboard and im NO good with
understanding the multiplier rules! :-( Would i need a BIOS upgrade?
The processor in question is a 0.13um CPU with the ID numbers AXDA1800DUT3C
and JIUHB0310WPMW if that helps confirm anything :-)

Thanks for reading :-)

Old July 9th 03, 06:55 PM
neopolaris

I don't have an XP1800 but I run 2 XP1700 TBREDs at 180x12.5. Usually
running at 166x12.5 though. One is on a KT3 Ultra and the other on a KT3
Ultra ARU. Both running and boot up as XP2600 (2000-2200MHz).

neopolaris

Old July 10th 03, 04:44 PM
Andrew Poyser

I m a bit of a novice on this question i think if you are runing a
thourghbred a or b you can disconnect the L12 bridges and the bios will
reconise it as 2600xp. i m runing a palamino with is ****e really wish i ask
before i brought it. I ask about something simmilar earlier in this nes
group.

I m runing a 1800xp on a KT3 ultra and would like to know if it can be done
cos i ll have a go at trying to get it 166fsb.

hope this helped a little?