D875PBZ - boot without keyboard?

Old May 15th 04, 12:04 AM
Post Replies Here Please

Default D875PBZ - boot without keyboard?

Hi,

Tried to boot a B875PBZ without a keyboard attached and it would
not boot? How do you get around this.

Note: KVM would only work with KVM selected for D875PBZ based
computer.

I had planned to run this system headless, but I guess I need to keep
a keyboard attached.

Thanks,

Alan

Old May 15th 04, 01:30 AM
Post Replies Here Please

Wow! Not a biggie, but I find this interesting. All my old computers
expect one could boot without a keyboard being present. Usually you
could turn the option off in the bios to force booting without a
keyboard. I guess when intel says desktop board they really mean only
for a desktop computer.

Thanks for the info.

"DaveW" == DaveW writes:

DaveW You have to have a keyboard. -- DaveW

DaveW ...

Old May 15th 04, 03:48 PM
Eric

"DaveW" == DaveW writes:

DaveW You have to have a keyboard. -- DaveW

DaveW "Post Replies Here Please" wrote in message
DaveW ...
Hi,

Tried to boot a B875PBZ without a keyboard attached and it would
not boot? How do you get around this.

Note: KVM would only work with KVM selected for D875PBZ based
computer.

I had planned to run this system headless, but I guess I need to
keep a keyboard attached.

Thanks,

Alan

Hmm, what BIOS is that? Thats where the fault lies.
Eric

Old May 15th 04, 09:28 PM
Post Replies Here Please

"Eric" == Eric writes:

Eric Hmm, what BIOS is that? Thats where the fault lies. Eric

BZ87510A.86A.0093.P22.IB.EXE

This bios P22. Should I try another version if so which one.

I'll take a look around the intel site now.

Thanks

Alan

Old May 15th 04, 09:37 PM
Eric

"Eric" == Eric writes:

Eric Hmm, what BIOS is that? Thats where the fault lies. Eric

BZ87510A.86A.0093.P22.IB.EXE

This bios P22. Should I try another version if so which one.

I'll take a look around the intel site now.

Thanks

Alan

I would try to stay with the most recent BIOS for your board,
unless you have a particular reason not to (rare). Go to where ever it
is you bought the board from, and check their website for BIOS updates.
Also, send them an email, tell them your problem, ask them what they
recommend. At the very least it will generate discussion amongst them and
maybe if its not already fixed they will ask their BIOS people about it,
and that could lead to someone there seeing the light, assuming they don't
already have a solution.
Eric

Old May 16th 04, 02:14 AM
Post Replies Here Please

Thanks will do. I'm using the latest bios, and actually the previous
bios did the same thing.

Alan

"Eric" == Eric writes:

Eric Post Replies Here Please wrote:
"Eric" == Eric writes:

Eric Hmm, what BIOS is that? Thats where the fault lies. Eric

BZ87510A.86A.0093.P22.IB.EXE

This bios P22. Should I try another version if so which one.

I'll take a look around the intel site now.

Thanks

Alan

Eric I would try to stay with the most recent BIOS for your board,
Eric unless you have a particular reason not to (rare). Go to where
Eric ever it is you bought the board from, and check their website
Eric for BIOS updates. Also, send them an email, tell them your
Eric problem, ask them what they recommend. At the very least it
Eric will generate discussion amongst them and maybe if its not
Eric already fixed they will ask their BIOS people about it, and
Eric that could lead to someone there seeing the light, assuming
Eric they don't already have a solution. Eric

Old May 18th 04, 02:36 AM
Post Replies Here Please

Hi,

Thanks to all that responded. I sent an e-mail to intel motherboard
tech support. To my surprise I got an answer immediately.

According to the tech something was grounding out my motherboard. The
motherboard must be making ground contact with the case or power
supply. He advised me take it out the case and test it on a grounded
surface. Also he said make sure I remove all front header connectors.

Of course being lazy ;-))

I simply removed the connector for the power supply fan. For some
reason I suspected this as the problem. My power supply has a
connector that is supposed to connect to the motherboard fan headers
to monitor the power supply fan speed. Once I removed this connector
from the motherboard, the D875PBZ booted up without a keyboard
connected.

Thanks for all the help, and the tip to e-mail tech support. Intel was
quick to the point, and hit the nail on the head.

Later,

Alan