Given a 16GB pagefile.sys size, why is my BSOD crash log only 2GB?

Old November 2nd 20, 04:54 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.microsoft.windows,alt.comp.hardware
Arlen Holder

Default Given a 16GB pagefile.sys size, why is my BSOD crash log only 2GB?

Nothing makes sense:
1. Given a 16GB pagefile.sys size, why is my BSOD crash log only 2GB?
2. Why does the command line report "complete" but the GUI "active"?
o https://i.postimg.cc/3rsypchD/page01.jpg 16GB pagefile, active dump
o https://i.postimg.cc/CKxdSyG9/page02.jpg 16GB pagefile, complete dump
o https://i.postimg.cc/zXYB3HwC/page03.jpg 16GB pagefile, 2GB actual dump

A. Here's a screenshot of my pagefile after rebooting after a BSOD:
o https://i.postimg.cc/3rsypchD/page01.jpg
Note the result of the DebugInfoType command is (1)
Win+R cmd {control+shift+enter}
wmic RECOVEROS get DebugInfoType
This reported "1" which supposedly means "complete"
1 = complete (all memory, requires memory sized pagefile)

Note this makes no sense because it conflicts with the
result in the GUI at the very same time:
command line = 1 === complete
systempropertiesadvanced GUI === active

B. Here's a screenshot of my pagefile.sys settings:
o https://i.postimg.cc/CKxdSyG9/page02.jpg
Win+R systempropertiesadvanced Performance [Settings]
[Advanced] Virtual memory [Change]
[x]Automatically manage paging file size for all drives

Note the confusing message which makes no sense to me
(because it's contradicted by the information shown).
System Properties
Windows might not be able to record details that could help
identify system errors because your current paging file is
disabled or less than 800 megabytes. Click OK to return to the
Virtual Memory settings window, enable the paging file, and
set the size to a value over 800 megabytes, or click Cancel to
change your memory dump selection.

That message makes no sense because the pagefile is 16MB.

C. Worse, here's a screenshot of my BSOD crash log size:
o https://i.postimg.cc/zXYB3HwC/page03.jpg
C:\pagefile.sys 16,777,216KB
C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP 2,261,091KB
C:\Windows\Minidump\110120-31890-01.dmp 460KB

Nothing makes sense:
1. Given a 16GB pagefile.sys size, why is my BSOD crash log only 2GB?
2. Why does the command line report "complete" but the GUI "active"?
3. Why does that "System Properties" error message make no sense either?
--
Debugging a Windows BSOD takes a million little pieces of data.
Old November 2nd 20, 07:55 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.microsoft.windows,alt.comp.hardware
Paul[_28_]

Arlen Holder wrote:
[...]

The dump will dump all of allocated memory. If your programs
don't use up all of system RAM, there is no need to dump it.

If the MEMORY.DMP uses a compression scheme, that might
make the output smaller as well. But they could not use
a powerful compressor, as it would be too slow. It would
have to be weak like an "LZ4" or so.

Paul

How to memtest 16GB of DDR2? pg[_2_] Homebuilt PC's 33 January 13th 09 07:48 AM
32/16GB of DDR2-533/667 ??? Hank[_2_] General 5 April 12th 07 11:22 PM
Pagefile Size Citizen Bob General 44 December 27th 06 01:03 PM
Removing USB causes PC Crash (BSOD) My View General 10 September 8th 05 11:00 AM
cluster size of pagefile partition Timothy Daniels Storage (alternative) 17 September 13th 03 10:03 PM