Logitech trackman

Old October 31st 20, 03:00 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Logitech trackman

Getting possibly more use out of the last one, going on somewhat past
two years or the lower length of time they seem to wear down for me.

Possibly better built, though I doubt it. Took this one once apart,
where it showed improvement, and again today upon missing switch
looking over the outer-casing at the plastic pivots to actuate the
same micro-switch, I went carefully over quite a few plane-surface
area, to the sides but whole of the large oval switches, cleaning the
whole with a soft brush.

Not that an alcohol bath is necessary, at the least an ultra-sonic
bath usually for cleaning jewelry. A four-button concept, the two
extra a driver/software contingency has been around long to have
changed. The click-buttons are paired, just one above at a 20th the
size of the main oval;- Useless for the hand to the pair opposite the
thumb.

Fortunately for that I'm still able to duplicate the main select,
assigned of course to the thumb-side of the hand, as well for the
smaller, also oval switch, above. Whether responsible for longer
usage is feasible, although cleaning the switches is also better than
presuming errant switch operation means the trackball is finished its
design lifecycle.

A curio, possibly, for a right-handed person (ambidextrously
designed), to place to the immediate left of a keyboard, as an earlier
software driver allowed for software "orientation" of mouse movements
to be adjusted so (for left-handed perspective). And a shame;- an
efficacy (past training oneself for a "southpaw") for one's left thumb
between the keyboard A-side and tackball is considerably at higher
operability than retaining right-handedness, having to reach
right-handed the awkward distance across the far-right distance of a
full 104-keyed keyboard, to launch from mouse pad, jerking and pushing
from the shoulder forward and back, wrist side to side. The trackball
is closer, bigger, much (which destroyed the J-Mouse "stub" and
incorporated too-tiny balls to be useful in keyboard mouse designs),
bigger being sufficient for only index and middle finger to navigate.

Amazing how technology "marches right along" no doubt in some
respects. To use a mouse, as do many people, I'd feel as if I were in
an exotic restaurant between two tables, having ordered a two-course
meal, each being respectively placed on either table at opposites;- A
waiter would roll up to provide me a swivel-chair, so I needn't stand
up and move the stationary chair around for each course, whereupon he
then should smile were I to appear least perplexed, upon biding me bon
appétit to discretely retire.