OT Airplay TV

Old October 29th 20, 07:17 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

Default OT Airplay TV

I know this is OT, I am desperate to know -

i want to buy a 32' TV, but wud like to use it for casting from my
Iphone8x and Android tablet - hence Airplay 2 seems a good way to go.

That said, anyone recommend a 2020 32 inch TV with that capability?

Thanks
plbege

theoldman
Old October 30th 20, 12:05 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul[_28_]

wrote:
I know this is OT, I am desperate to know -

i want to buy a 32' TV, but wud like to use it for casting from my
Iphone8x and Android tablet - hence Airplay 2 seems a good way to go.

That said, anyone recommend a 2020 32 inch TV with that capability?

Thanks
plbege

theoldman

https://www.apple.com/ios/home/accessories/#section-tv

LG OLED (2019, 2020)*
LG NanoCell NANO 9, 8 series (2020)*
LG UHD UN 8 series (2020)*
LG UHD UN 71 series or above (2020)*
LG NanoCell SM 9, 8 series (2019)
LG UHD UM 7, 6 series (2019)
Samsung FHD/HD 4, 5 Series (2018)
Samsung QLED 4K Q6, Q7, Q8, Q9 Series (2018, 2019)
Samsung QLED 8K Q9 Series (2019)
Samsung The Frame Series (2018, 2019)
Samsung Serif Series (2019)
Samsung UHD 6, 7, 8 Series (2018, 2019)
Sony Z8H Series (2020)*
Sony A9S Series (2020)*
Sony A8H Series (2020)*
Sony X95H Series (2020)*
Sony X90H Series (2020)*
Sony X85H Series (2020)*
Sony X80H Series (2020)*
Sony Z9G Series (2019)
Sony A9G Series (2019)
Sony X950G Series (2019)
Sony X850G Series (2019 55”, 65”, 75”, and 85” models)
Sony Z9F Series (2018)
Sony A9F Series (2018)
VIZIO OLED (2020)*
VIZIO P-Series Quantum X (2019, 2020)*
VIZIO P-Series Quantum (2018, 2019, 2020)*
VIZIO P-Series (2016, 2017, 2018)
VIZIO M-Series Quantum (2019, 2020)*
VIZIO M-Series (2016, 2017, 2018)
VIZIO E-Series (2016, 2017, and 2018 UHD models)
VIZIO V-Series (2019, 2020)*
VIZIO D-Series (2018, 2019)

Then I suppose you have to find which one of those
does Chromecast too. Maybe it would be easier to
just add a Chromecast dongle to the back ? The Visio
P-series does Chromecast, but it's pretty expensive.

And when casting, some of the TV sets have as many
problems as PCs do.

I think I'd do a price search through the above list,
select something with a nice picture, then if necessary,
add a ChromeCast dongle to the back.

Paul
Old October 30th 20, 12:34 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

On Thu, 29 Oct 2020 19:05:24 -0400, Paul

[...]

Thanks Paul. You are always there. I don't know why I couldn't
generate a workable URL list, but I couldn't. That said - thanks.
I'll look at each.

Should my Firestick have cast the Android? I was not successful in
the past. My Iphone8x though has cast fine to my new 55" LG via
Airplay/wifi.

oldman .