Wireless USB adapter help

Old January 22nd 04, 10:02 PM
unwired

Default Wireless USB adapter help

I recently purchased a Syntax USB-400 wireless network adapter. I
have verified on my friend's network that it does work, however using
a Linksys 802.11b router it searches and usually will not find any
connections available.

However, every once in a while it will detect the router, with a 90%
or so connection, but will not let me access the internet. After a
few minutes it will usually kick me off and will be unable to detect
it again. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

I installed a PCI adapter and within 15 seconds I got a connection,
could it be that my adapter isn't compatible with the USB adapter? I
have updated the firmware on the router and reset it also.