EasyNote E4 Wireless Adapter

Old February 25th 05, 12:55 AM
Christo

Default EasyNote E4 Wireless Adapter

intel wireless 2200BG wireless 802.11b/g adapter

its an easy e4 centrino 1.4GHz 512ram 40GB hdd

the wireless has been really cool

i got ad-hoc setup with a belkin card in my home and its runnin and
connecting at 54Mbps every time (802.11g)

i also take the laptop to university where i can access their network
wirelessly

now my friend has a PB laptop and uses a belkin 54g (802.11g) PCMCIA card
and can connect at 48Mbps at university

when i sit right beside him, i connect at first at 11Mbps (802.11b) which
isnt too bad i can deal with it.

but then after a while it drops to 802.11a 2Mbps and gets down to 1Mbps!!!!
thats pathetic when my friend right next to me is on 48Mbps (802.11g) and
though a PC card

i thought onboard wireless was better than PCMCIA wireless?

anyhow i have tried re installing the hardware in device manager, tried re
installing the intel software, tried using the windows software alongside
then intel software, tried the windows software alone and still it always
drops to 1Mbps which is sluggish

i wonder why it isnt connecting at 54Mbps in the first place let alone 1Mbps
after connecting at 11Mbps

its a joke!!

now can anyone give me any pointers as to what may be causing it, i have
tried setting it only to connect to 802.11g networks and everything, nothing
i try works

anyone any ideas?