FINALLY--A CANON CLI-8, PGI-5 CHIP RESETTER !!!

Old March 21st 08, 12:33 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Ron in NY

Default FINALLY--A CANON CLI-8, PGI-5 CHIP RESETTER !!!

Hey all,

I ran across this on Ebay. It's expensive now, but who knows what will
happen a few months down the road.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Canon-Chip-Reset...QQcmdZViewItem

If the above link doesn't work, the item # is 140217443022

RON
Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.
Old March 21st 08, 01:03 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Ben Lucas

Default garbage

"Ron in NY"

I ran across this on Ebay.

Then you need to be bidding on it
so you can win it
instead of telling us about it.

Old March 21st 08, 01:30 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
irwell

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 00:33:38 GMT, (Ron in
NY) wrote:

Hey all,

I ran across this on Ebay. It's expensive now, but who knows what will
happen a few months down the road.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Canon-Chip-Reset...QQcmdZViewItem

If the above link doesn't work, the item # is 140217443022

RON

Thanks for the info, I guess this means that Canon will be
dropping Cli-8 now.
Old March 21st 08, 02:47 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Taliesyn

Ron in NY wrote:
Hey all,

I ran across this on Ebay. It's expensive now, but who knows what will
happen a few months down the road.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Canon-Chip-Reset...QQcmdZViewItem

I will have to consider it when I begin using my iP4500. Even at $375
it's not that expensive considering $375 won't even buy 4 sets of OEM
cartridges in Canada.

-Taliesyn
Old March 21st 08, 03:52 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
DanG

"Ron in NY" wrote in message
Hey all,

I ran across this on Ebay. It's expensive now, but who knows what will
happen a few months down the road.

This seller has only 18 ratings, and even the seller claims "200 satisfied
customers". I think I'll wait a while on that one.

Old March 21st 08, 12:47 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

On Mar 20, 10:52 pm, "DanG" wrote:
"Ron in NY" wrote in ...

Hey all,

I ran across this on Ebay. It's expensive now, but who knows what will
happen a few months down the road.

This seller has only 18 ratings, and even the seller claims "200 satisfied
customers". I think I'll wait a while on that one.

I can't wait to hear...what messerschwithead has to say!
Old March 21st 08, 02:16 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Arthur Entlich

Hi Ron,

This is quite interesting. As you mention costly for now, and probably
targeting the small inkjet refilling company, but could easily lower in
price soon. I note that it requires a Canon printer, which is not
included, not sure why, and the notice of a "most comprehensive reset
instructions in the industry" would may me a little concerned, since it
would seem to me the device itself should require a lot of instructions.

As to the "individual" who flamed you for bringing this to the
newsgroup's attention, I have to wonder what exactly he's contributed to
the newsgroup, and what he thinks the mandate of this group is anyway?

Art

Old March 21st 08, 09:29 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Ben Lucas

Default I love junk!

"Arthur Entlich" wrote in message
As to the "individual" who flamed you for bringing this to the
newsgroup's attention,

I'm a seller on eBay, I'll start posting my stuff in the 40,000 or so
non-for-sale Usenet newsgroups, especially this one, OK? I'll post stuff
I cloned to make people ooh & aah over it imagining that it must be
legitimate. It will cost about $5 to make in its cheap plastic box with
pretty flashing lights so I can put a 1000% markup on it just like the
big boys. I'll claim, "Look What I Found" so it sounds even more
realistic. I'll post the link on Usenet when there are 0 bids, 4 views,
with 22 hours in the auction. I'll ship from an unknown location in
another country so indeed it looks so real. I won' echo any questions
about it from anyone curious wanting to know more.

I have to wonder what exactly he's contributed to
the newsgroup, and what he thinks the mandate of this group is anyway?

You continuously post to this long established comp Usenet newsgroup
without complying to standard Usenet posting conventions and then you
have the nerve to bring up contributions and this newsgroup's charter in
what can only be described a vain attempt to suit your special purpose.
How do you reason this? "I can post in direct violation of proper
procedure and then jump in someone's **** if they rub me the wrong way?"

If you think it's so good, put your money where your mouth is and buy
it.