How to make Video Players start with "Above normal" process priority?

Old July 27th 07, 01:35 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
D[_2_]

Default How to make Video Players start with "Above normal" process priority?

Hello!
How to make Video Players (for example, WinDVD) start with an "Above
normal" or "High" process priority for uninterrupted video playback on
a slow computer? I have a barebone player which always starts with the
"High" process priority and plays video uninterruptedly.
How to make IE playback video with "Above normal" or "High" process
priority?
Best regards,
Dima
+79035093892

Old July 27th 07, 02:29 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

D wrote:
Hello!
How to make Video Players (for example, WinDVD) start with an "Above
normal" or "High" process priority for uninterrupted video playback on
a slow computer? I have a barebone player which always starts with the
"High" process priority and plays video uninterruptedly.
How to make IE playback video with "Above normal" or "High" process
priority?
Best regards,
Dima
+79035093892

Process explorer:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sys...sExplorer.mspx

Once installed, you can right click on any process and set not only
priority, but CPU affinity as well if you have more than one CPU/Core.

However, I do not think this will fix your problem of intermittent
playback. It can't hurt to try.
Old July 27th 07, 11:26 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Create a shortcut on your desktop, in Win2000/XP:

start /abovenormal \path\processname, in this case WinDVD.exe

Enter "start /?" in a command prompt window to get a complete
list of options.

Old July 28th 07, 12:18 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
D[_2_]

Process explorer:http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sys.../ProcessExplor...

Once installed, you can right click on any process and set not only
priority, but CPU affinity as well if you have more than one CPU/Core.

However, I do not think this will fix your problem of intermittent
playback. It can't hurt to try.

Thanks Mr.E Solved! for your reply!
I want to set the priority only once for every player, not every time
during the player running.
How to make IE playback video with "Above normal" or "High" process
priority? How to know which IE process in the list will playback a
video?
Best regards,
Dima

Old July 28th 07, 12:25 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
D[_2_]

On Jul 28, 2:26 am, wrote:
Create a shortcut on your desktop, in Win2000/XP:

start /abovenormal \path\processname, in this case WinDVD.exe

Enter "start /?" in a command prompt window to get a complete
list of options.

"D" wrote in oglegroups.com...
Hello!
How to make Video Players (for example, WinDVD) start with an "Above
normal" or "High" process priority for uninterrupted video playback on
a slow computer? I have a barebone player which always starts with the
"High" process priority and plays video uninterruptedly.
How to make IE playback video with "Above normal" or "High" process
priority?
Best regards,
Dima

Thanks for your suggestion!
I entered
start /abovenormal "D:\Program Files\InterVideo\DVD7\WinDVD.exe"
in the Target field, but got "Problem with Shortcut
The name 'start' specified in tthe Target box is not valid. Make sure
the path and file name are correct"
How to enter correctly?
Best regards,
Dima

Old July 28th 07, 12:56 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"D" wrote in message oups.com...
On Jul 28, 2:26 am, wrote:
[...]

Whoops, I missed a step. You need to create a batch file
first. Enter that exact start line into Notepad and save it
using a filename that has a .BAT extension, e.g. windvd.bat.
Then create a shortcut to that batch file on your desktop.

Old July 28th 07, 05:27 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Rank

"D" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello!
How to make Video Players (for example, WinDVD) start with an "Above
normal" or "High" process priority for uninterrupted video playback on
a slow computer? I have a barebone player which always starts with the
"High" process priority and plays video uninterruptedly.
How to make IE playback video with "Above normal" or "High" process
priority?
Best regards,
Dima
+79035093892

Don't know if this would help. install PRIO.EXE from
http://www.prnwatch.com/download.html. It's a program that merges into the
task manager. Change the priority setting in task manager as usual, however,
This program will remember your setting and when you restart your player, it
will be at the wanted state. Hop this helps.

(just in case, kaspersky does not allow this to run unless you deactivate
proactive defence in regards to the task manager)

Old July 28th 07, 11:26 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
D[_2_]

On Jul 28, 3:56 am, wrote:
"D" wrote in ooglegroups.com...
On Jul 28, 2:26 am, wrote:
[...]

Creating the bat file and the shortcut for every player will take
time.
Best regards,
Dima

Old July 28th 07, 11:29 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
D[_2_]

On Jul 28, 3:56 am, wrote:
"D" wrote in ooglegroups.com...
On Jul 28, 2:26 am, wrote:
[...]

How to make a player start with a higher priority when double-clicking
on a video file or choosing the player in the right button click menu?
Best regards,
Dima

Old July 29th 07, 07:54 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
D[_2_]

On Jul 28, 8:27 am, "Rank" wrote:
"D" wrote in message

ups.com... Hello!
[...]