music processing

Old February 16th 15, 01:56 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default music processing

Had this x4 core update phenom over a x2 athlon long enough...

Not even, nowhere near the processing power I'd expected for VST- and
studio-type main Player plugins. Although there's some improvements,
seems overall a token aspiration on my part.

I'm mainly about normalization, various gates to do with
compression/limiting aspects, some harmonic additives. The end is
existing tonal reproduction (not as much instrumental or initial
recordings). Actually, it's what's known as hitting the "Sweet Spot,"
where chained efficiency becomes an (electronic) measurement of
maximum true(st) tonal reproduction, relative to a corresponding
measure of [non-]distortion.

Anyway, found another studio/pro-grade compressor that does a bangup
job, e.g.- ... insert casual interest

«Limiter6 contains the following modules, connected in series:
1) slow RMS dynamic range compressor («RMS compressor»);
2) fast audio peaks limiter («peak limiter»);
3) high frequency audio content limiter («HF limiter»);
4) the clipper;
5) true1 audio peak limiter («ISP limiter2»).

Got a few chains going, already, just can't believe this new
compressor (not even fully at its highest, "pro-grade" example
settings) is the straw that brings my Phenom camel down to its knees.
Sure, I can mess with the chain, maybe get it tweaked in (for some
trade-offs when examining an essential end to processing for any
overlap).

What I can't believe about this stuff is how intensive it is to a
computer;- and, I'm not even sure if it's all about only how many and
how powerful the cores. Process Lasso shows a little over half
graphic resources, spread over the cores, with a statistical measure
well below 50-percent utilization.

One of those things, I guess, that's cool, regardless, about
computers. Right up there with science, rocketry and stuff, what
these sound thingies are up to. Really tears a new one into the best
of computers.

(Beginning to think I was "beyond it" with most of my applications not
being near this intensity;- good stuff, glad I got into studying, btw,
if you've got the basic gear -i.e. studio speakers/amps- to compliment
what effectively makes up, furthermore, types of boxes and gear that
bring a replete studio up and into an environ of tens and tens of
thousands of dollars. And, all that's pronounced as in For
Free...well, mostly.)

New XPX 9100 - Roxio Creator Music CD's Have An Odd Problem - All the music but only One Track! Peter Greenstein Dell Computers 17 August 9th 11 10:48 PM
Audio processing via GPU [email protected] Nvidia Videocards 5 April 13th 08 08:04 PM
Audio processing via GPU hsyq8xg Ati Videocards 0 April 11th 08 03:16 PM
dual processing ??? don ward General 2 April 1st 04 12:50 AM
music processing machine rstlne Asus Motherboards 3 August 5th 03 09:36 PM