PC only boots after on/off/on cycle ?

Old November 30th 12, 04:20 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Rene Lamontagne[_2_]

Default PC only boots after on/off/on cycle ?

On 11/30/2012 10:09 AM, GMAN wrote:
In article , JW wrote:
On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 12:54:25 -0800 (PST) Flasherly
wrote in Message id:
:

On Nov 29, 8:59 am, JW wrote:

Is that what happened? Well, whaddya know.

Very little now, I suppose, in any rhetorical sense if contrarian
truth can be established on an Aristotelean precept that everything is
something else when it breaks.

I stand utterly mystified and completely dumbfounded - much the same way
one feels after discovering that their cats have been glued together for
no particular reason.

Thank God its not just me. I cannot seem to understand a F@$king thing
Flasherly says. I think it might be that he's running his native language thru
some sort of google translater or something.

I think his synapses are shorted

Old November 30th 12, 04:40 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
JW

On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 16:10:58 GMT (GMAN)
wrote in Message id:
:

Sitting in motherboards in a box for years most likely drained them. By the
way, the CR2032 batteries are usually $1.99 each in the US.

That'll buy you 7 at Digikey.
http://www.digikey.com/product-detai.../P189-ND/31939

And they're not exactly known for great deals. Even cheaper on Ebay.

Old November 30th 12, 08:54 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Robin Bignall

wrote in Message id:
:

On Nov 29, 8:59 am, JW wrote:

Is that what happened? Well, whaddya know.

Very little now, I suppose, in any rhetorical sense if contrarian
truth can be established on an Aristotelean precept that everything is
something else when it breaks.

I stand utterly mystified and completely dumbfounded - much the same way
one feels after discovering that their cats have been glued together for
no particular reason.

Thank God its not just me. I cannot seem to understand a F@$king thing
Flasherly says. I think it might be that he's running his native language thru
some sort of google translater or something.

I think his synapses are shorted

Good value for what he costs, though!
--
Robin Bignall
Herts, England
Old December 1st 12, 01:26 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Robert Macy

On Nov 25, 7:11*pm, "Skybuck Flying" wrote:
Today was another weird day electronics wise.

I had to pull out all cables.

The monitor did not want to turn off.

The old PC also didn't boot.

It does this each time but this time it was worse.

Anyway what I need to do to make it work is:

1. I turn it on, but nothing happens.
2. I turn it off.
3. I turn it on again and the PC goes into the BIOS stating that CPUs
setting was wrong.

I tried setting volts for cpu to 2.00, 2.05, 2.10 but that didnt help.

Really strange how it doesn't want to boot up the first time.

Any ideas what could be causing this ?

Bye,
* Skybuck.

bad power supply.

Old December 1st 12, 02:45 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
David[_26_]

On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 16:09:09 +0000, GMAN wrote:

wrote in Message id:
:

On Nov 29, 8:59 am, JW wrote:

Is that what happened? Well, whaddya know.

Very little now, I suppose, in any rhetorical sense if contrarian truth
can be established on an Aristotelean precept that everything is
something else when it breaks.

I stand utterly mystified and completely dumbfounded - much the same way
one feels after discovering that their cats have been glued together for
no particular reason.

Thank God its not just me. I cannot seem to understand a F@$king thing
Flasherly says. I think it might be that he's running his native
language thru some sort of google translater or something.

Intellectual jousting.
Old December 1st 12, 08:11 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
GMAN[_14_]

wrote in Message id:
:

Sitting in motherboards in a box for years most likely drained them. By the
way, the CR2032 batteries are usually $1.99 each in the US.

That'll buy you 7 at Digikey.
http://www.digikey.com/product-detai.../P189-ND/31939

And they're not exactly known for great deals. Even cheaper on Ebay.

OK, good source as long as they are name brand .I am not going to stick a 10
pack of made in vietnam Cr2032's in my motherboards.

I was just trying to point out the SkyF&*k that they should ever be $5 a pop.
Old December 1st 12, 09:56 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Chris S.[_3_]

"GMAN" wrote in message
wrote in Message id:
:

Sitting in motherboards in a box for years most likely drained them. By
the
way, the CR2032 batteries are usually $1.99 each in the US.

That'll buy you 7 at Digikey.
http://www.digikey.com/product-detai.../P189-ND/31939

And they're not exactly known for great deals. Even cheaper on Ebay.

OK, good source as long as they are name brand .I am not going to stick a
10
pack of made in vietnam Cr2032's in my motherboards.

I was just trying to point out the SkyF&*k that they should ever be $5 a
pop.

A recent buy from China got me a card of 5 Sony, made in Japan, for $0.99,
delivered!
Good "use by date" as well.

Chris

Old December 1st 12, 11:05 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Spehro Pefhany

On Sat, 1 Dec 2012 16:56:07 -0500, the renowned "Chris S."
wrote:

A recent buy from China got me a card of 5 Sony, made in Japan, for $0.99,
delivered!
Good "use by date" as well.

Chris

ITYM "marked Sony, made in Japan".

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Old December 1st 12, 11:30 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Chris S.[_3_]

wrote:

A recent buy from China got me a card of 5 Sony, made in Japan, for $0.99,
delivered!
Good "use by date" as well.

Chris

ITYM "marked Sony, made in Japan".

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Info for manufacturers:
http://www.trexon.com
Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers:
http://www.speff.com

Clearly stamped "Japan" on the battery. Marked "Matsu****a Electric
Industrial Co, Ltd
Osaka 570 , Japan" on the card. EXP DATE 12-2017

Chris

Old December 1st 12, 11:43 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Spehro Pefhany

On Sat, 1 Dec 2012 18:30:08 -0500, the renowned "Chris S."
wrote:

Clearly stamped "Japan" on the battery. Marked "Matsu****a Electric
Industrial Co, Ltd
Osaka 570 , Japan" on the card. EXP DATE 12-2017

Chris

Sorry Chris, but your naivety is showing.

Those markings and a buck won't even get you a cup of coffee. Markings
mean little in China.

--sp (old China hand)

p.s. here is an ebay guide on spotting fake Sony batteries. If you
send the packaging photos to Sony for verification and they report the
batteries are genuine, then I will believe it.

http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/Buying-gen...00000017924994

As you can seem, the fakes are really quite good, including holograms.
You may not care that they are fake, but if they leak and damage your
device, you may care. More likely they'll just not last as long as the
genuine cells.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Printer Duty cycle Doug Printers 6 December 5th 07 12:01 AM
Power generation...by cycle? General 2 December 20th 06 07:33 AM
boots fine 2 out of 3 times. boots to safe mode every third time senn Homebuilt PC's 2 January 2nd 05 10:10 AM
FLOPS per Cycle on a P4 Andre Intel 0 August 19th 03 08:10 AM