No floppy drive on laptop

Old September 8th 04, 01:03 PM
Jack Gillis

Default No floppy drive on laptop

My laptop has no floppy drive. I have always depended on Norton Ghost's
and Partition Magic's floppy recovery disks to backup/restore and adjust
my desktop system. How can I make such disks without a floppy drive.
I've tried making bootable CD's but the programs keep insisting I put a
disk in drive A:

Thank you.

Old September 8th 04, 06:59 PM
CBFalconer

Jack Gillis wrote:

My laptop has no floppy drive. I have always depended on Norton Ghost's
and Partition Magic's floppy recovery disks to backup/restore and adjust
my desktop system. How can I make such disks without a floppy drive.
I've tried making bootable CD's but the programs keep insisting I put a
disk in drive A:

Return it, and buy something with a reasonable set of
peripherals. These include a floppy drive and a proper serial
port (not one driven by USB).

in foreign policy matters with war on my mind." - Bush.
"If I knew then what I know today, I would still have invaded
Iraq. It was the right decision" - G.W. Bush, 2004-08-02

Old September 8th 04, 07:38 PM
Toy

"Jack Gillis" wrote in message
My laptop has no floppy drive. I have always depended on Norton Ghost's
and Partition Magic's floppy recovery disks to backup/restore and adjust
my desktop system. How can I make such disks without a floppy drive.
I've tried making bootable CD's but the programs keep insisting I put a
disk in drive A:

Thank you.

get an external, USB, floppy drive

Old September 8th 04, 08:32 PM
Toy

"CBFalconer" wrote in message
Jack Gillis wrote:

My laptop has no floppy drive. I have always depended on Norton Ghost's
and Partition Magic's floppy recovery disks to backup/restore and adjust
my desktop system. How can I make such disks without a floppy drive.
I've tried making bootable CD's but the programs keep insisting I put a
disk in drive A:

Return it, and buy something with a reasonable set of
peripherals. These include a floppy drive and a proper serial
port (not one driven by USB).

in foreign policy matters with war on my mind." - Bush.
"If I knew then what I know today, I would still have invaded
Iraq. It was the right decision" - G.W. Bush, 2004-08-02

snip

and a proper serial port (not one driven by USB)

??????????? where does the poster say it does not have one.

and don't be so aggressive either.........

toy

Old September 8th 04, 08:43 PM
Jack Gillis

"Toy" wrote in message

"Jack Gillis" wrote in message
My laptop has no floppy drive. I have always depended on Norton
Ghost's
and Partition Magic's floppy recovery disks to backup/restore and
adjust
my desktop system. How can I make such disks without a floppy drive.
I've tried making bootable CD's but the programs keep insisting I put
disk in drive A:

Thank you.

get an external, USB, floppy drive

Yes, that is certainly a solution. From what I can see, more and more
people are in the same situation of not having a floppy on their new
machines -- especially laptops. I wonder when software vendors will
follow up on this. I know of one vendor that used to send additions and
updates only on floppies but now recognizes the need for providing them
on CD's. A step in the right directions.