A7N8X-E Deluxe BIOS Problem

Old July 11th 04, 07:19 PM
Vile

I also crashed a motherboard loading bios to motherboard and got a
invalid disk, please insert system disk. I removed the mobo battery
but it won't reset. What kind of disk is a system disk and where can
I get one? I don't think it needs a bios disk anymore, I only know
its the mobo because I had a backup mobo that works fine after I
replaced it. In other words how do you reset bios on a motherboard
besides battery removal? Or is it a bad mobo now?

(Peter) wrote in message . com...
Hi,

I have the exact same problem as Doris, has anyone else figured it
out?

I also tried the below:

My motherboard (Asus A7N8X Deluxe) bios is screwed, it seems to be
corrupted. I tried to update the bios from Windows XP using Asus
Update Utility to the latest v1008 and rebooted. Then from here on...
it keeps booting up to the Award BootBlock v1.0 ... I have tried to
flash with Asus's awdflash.exe and the correct bin files (tried all of
them), it keeps telling me that its not the right image file crap.
I've been down more than a week now.. Asus was not able to help ... I
was research all over the internet and came across a few postings from
different forums .. and the closest situation to my problem were the
people who mentioned this guy Dos-Freaks' method or utility - it
worked for a few people, but its not working for me so far.

Here is what I did...

- I made a bootdisk from Windows XP
- I downloaded your awdblock file which contains awdflash.txt,
awdflash.exe , awdflash.asm, and then copied into the bootdisk I
created.
- I created autoexec.bat containing below and copied to bootdisk.

@ECHO OFF

FLASH AN8D1008.BIN /py /sn /cd /cc /cp /R /nbl

- I renamed the original awdflash.exe to flash.exe and copied to
bootdisk.
* then I inserted bootdisk and start up the computer, it started up
and says the following:

Automatic Load AWDFLASH.EXE ...... * Initializing disk
Load bootsector
Executing bootsector:

Invalid system disk
Replace! the disk, and then press any key

and it keeps repeating this the above... Invalid system...etc

I would be so grateful if anyone can help me out.. Thanks!!!

-p

Gordon Scott wrote in message ...
Doris Heid wrote:

Hi,

i have fixed one Problem to get an other.

First problern was the AWDFLASH from the ASUS site. It's V8.24b and didn't
work in this case. I've tried the one from the CD (8.23z) and now it loads
the BIOS File. But after loading, i get this message:

The program file's BIOS-Lock String
does not match with your system

i've tried with all BIOS versions (1006, 1007, 1008 and 1011), the message
is always the same. Any idea?

Greetz Doris

doris, make ABSOLUTELY SURE you got the right bios for the right board in
the first place.
You are probably getting bios for A7N8X-deluxe and not A7N8X E-deluxe

you do not want to screw this up

gordon