A7N8X Deluxe: Rock sold for months, yet occasional vocal "memory test failed" at POST...memtest86 3.0 finds nothing..

Old November 30th 03, 06:17 PM
John Q. Public

Default A7N8X Deluxe: Rock sold for months, yet occasional vocal "memory test failed" at POST...memtest86 3.0 finds nothing..

A7N8X Deluxe: Rock sold for months, yet occasional vocal "memory test
failed" at POST...memtest86 3.0 finds nothing..

Ran memtest86 3.0 for about 11+ hours (512MB 400 Mhz DDR)

I have absolutely no instability problems at all, been running this
newly built system for months, yet every other reboot or so lately I
started getting the voice during POST "memory test failed"

How accurate is that POST test?

Again, even with intensive programs such as TMPGEnc and Pinnacle
Instant Copy, constant mult-tasking etc, I have no crashes or any
indications of problems.

Thanks
Old November 30th 03, 06:21 PM
Ben Pope

John Q. Public wrote:
A7N8X Deluxe: Rock sold for months, yet occasional vocal "memory test
failed" at POST...memtest86 3.0 finds nothing..

Ran memtest86 3.0 for about 11+ hours (512MB 400 Mhz DDR)

I have absolutely no instability problems at all, been running this
newly built system for months, yet every other reboot or so lately I
started getting the voice during POST "memory test failed"

How accurate is that POST test?

Less so than memtest86 for 11 hours.

Again, even with intensive programs such as TMPGEnc and Pinnacle
Instant Copy, constant mult-tasking etc, I have no crashes or any
indications of problems.

Then don't worry about post reporter, ignore it.

Ben

Old December 1st 03, 01:47 AM
A J

In article ,
"Ben Pope" wrote:

John Q. Public wrote:
A7N8X Deluxe: Rock sold for months, yet occasional vocal "memory test
failed" at POST...memtest86 3.0 finds nothing..

Ran memtest86 3.0 for about 11+ hours (512MB 400 Mhz DDR)

I have absolutely no instability problems at all, been running this
newly built system for months, yet every other reboot or so lately I
started getting the voice during POST "memory test failed"

How accurate is that POST test?

Less so than memtest86 for 11 hours.

Again, even with intensive programs such as TMPGEnc and Pinnacle
Instant Copy, constant mult-tasking etc, I have no crashes or any
indications of problems.

Then don't worry about post reporter, ignore it.

Ben

I have the same issue with my board ... and it has also been solid. The
vocal post got so annoying after a while that I just shut it off.
Problem solved Seems to just be a glitch even with the most recent
bios. My board is a rev 1.04

-AJ
Old December 1st 03, 03:40 AM
John Q. Public

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 01:47:52 GMT, A J wrote:

In article ,
"Ben Pope" wrote:

John Q. Public wrote:
[...]

Cool...kinda though that. Thanks
Old December 1st 03, 08:12 AM
Ben Pope

A J wrote:
I have the same issue with my board ... and it has also been solid. The
vocal post got so annoying after a while that I just shut it off.
Problem solved Seems to just be a glitch even with the most recent
bios. My board is a rev 1.04

I don't think the BIOS gets too involved, not sure though.

Ben

Old December 1st 03, 09:26 AM
docsavage

"A J" wrote in message
In article ,
"Ben Pope" wrote:

John Q. Public wrote:
[...]

I have the A7N8X Deluxe 2.0 version. It has the same "feature". ;-)
I am curious though. I've noticed in 'control' - 'system', it sometimes
lists 511megs of ram instead of 512. So, is memory really at fault? It
passes the 'long' test at boot.
thanks

Old December 1st 03, 04:54 PM
Lopaka

Same "features" here

--
Specs:
AMD 2600+ ASUS A7N8X DLX 2.0 NForce2 Bios 1005 W98se