SATA Raptor on A7N8X - E DELUXE

Old July 9th 04, 10:57 AM
Nick Paicopoulos

Default SATA Raptor on A7N8X - E DELUXE

Hi everybody,

I did manage to attach a 36GB SATA Raptor to my newly purchased
ASUS A7N8X - E DELUXE and also clean installed WinXP but i have a
couple of questions since i've been using IDE drives up to last week.

1) POST does NOT display the SATA drive yet it gives the one beep
all clear; is this normal? shouldn't it display it right under

Memory Frequency is at 200MHz, Dual Channel mode

2) The next screen gives me the following reading and it won't go
away unless i hit Enter; is this to be expected?

SIl 3112A SATARaid BIOS Version 4.2.27
Copyright (c) 1997-2003 Silicon Image, Inc.

Press Ctrl+S or F4 to enter RAID utitlity
0 WDC WD360GD-00FNA0 35304 MB

3) Once in windows Device Manager gives me the yellow question mark
on the left of RAID Controller although my machine boots from the
SATA drive and i am able to use Windows perfectly.

I attempted installing the drivers i used during the WIndows
installation (F6 and then S) that i downloaded from the Silicon
Image website and also the drivers on the ASUS motherboard CD but on
both occasions at restart the system freezes on the Windows logo
screen.

How can i get rid of the yellow question mark effectively?

ASUS A7N8X - E DELUXE board rev. 1.01 BIOS ver 1009
Thermaltake 360W PSU
Corsair 2 X CMX512 PC3200LX
AMD AthlonXP 3000+ FSB 400 512kb
ASUS Radeon 9600XT