Overclocking Noob Requires Advise on overclocking-unlocking

Old September 13th 04, 11:57 AM
DVS__DVIT__INC

Default Overclocking Noob Requires Advise on overclocking-unlocking

Overclocking Noob Requires Advise on overclocking-unlocking
as the title suggests i would appreciate any advise regarding reliable
sources for overclocking settings for this particular setup. i have searched
but i have limited time to do extensive searches, so i would really
appreciate anyone who could point me in the right direction i would like to
get 3000mhz outta this baby as the web and manual suggests,

My flatmate has his A7N8X-X with AMD 2500+ running at 3000mhz and is stable,
however when we attempted to apply the settings to mine the most i could get
was 2400mhz.
Computer Specs:

windows XP pro (i stupidly put SP2 on without reading up on it, but working
full time for a prick doesn't leave me me with much money or time to do the
things i want to do, like getting my comp working better)

CPU: AMD XP 2600+ current speed 2083mhz
Motherboard ASUS NForce Chipset A7N8X2.0 Deluxe
RAM: 1 x 512 400DDR
1 x 256 (not sure on Speed)
CD ROM: Cyberdrive CW99D 52x24x52 master udma2

HD's: 1 x 120 GB 8mb cache Western Digital ide0 master udma5
1 x 120 GB 2mb cache Western Digital ide0 slave udma5
1 x 30 GB 2mb cache barracuda ide1 slave udma5

Nvidia geforce fx 5200 128mb

a web page link to settings would be sweet... or any advise
thank you,
Danny

--

DVS__DVIT__INC

This e-mail (including any attachments) contains confidential information
and should be read only by those addressees for whom they are intended. The
views and opinions expressed in this e-mail are the author's own and may not
necessarily reflect the views and opinions of Anyone Mentioned in the above
message. No responsibility is accepted for any loss or damage incurred
through use of this e-mail.

Unauthorised reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and/or publication of this email or any part of its contents is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify
the sender or immediately, and delete all copies.

Old September 13th 04, 07:07 PM
BigBadger

"DVS__DVIT__INC" wrote in message
[...]

Your flat mate is either mistaken or is 'having you on' there is no chance
of overclocking a XP2500+ to 3000MHz with anything short of refrigeration,
dry ice ot LN2 cooling.
Fact is with standard air cooling you have done well to get 2400MHz
stable.... be happy.