Major Troubles

Old December 6th 03, 08:48 PM
JD

Default Major Troubles

Can someone please help me?

I replace my mother board with an Asus using AMD Duron and can not
get to start up. I tried another mother board ( chain tech ) and
having same problem.
Details: None worked
Case has single switch for start and reset ( only two wires )
Press button and fan on cpu and power supply spins for two seconds and
stops, but green light on board stays lit. Will not do any thing until
power is removed for few seconds and same thing happens
Changed power supply
Changed video card
Removed RAM
Unplugged everything except video card, power supply, CPU fan and
power supply fan
Reset CMOS
Tried removing video card also and still nothing

Any advice or help will be greatfully appreciated
I hope this is enough info, I always read groups but this is my first
post
If you post suggestions here I will check in later from another
computer, on the way out.

Thanks Again in advance
Old December 6th 03, 11:10 PM
Ron Cook

Old December 7th 03, 03:22 AM
JD

The Asus board is an A7V133-VM Socket A Chipset KM133A
I'm not sure about the chaintech, Borrowed from friend for trouble
shooting.
Power supply is Comp USA 300W.
Case is a branded product, Gateway.
Presently I have the Video card, hard drive, memory in and mother
board plugged in only. It still will only attempt to start.
I resently tried a switch off another case, but no luck.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Old December 7th 03, 08:34 AM
jamotto

(JD) wrote in message . com...
The Asus board is an A7V133-VM Socket A Chipset KM133A
I'm not sure about the chaintech, Borrowed from friend for trouble
shooting.
Power supply is Comp USA 300W.
Case is a branded product, Gateway.
Presently I have the Video card, hard drive, memory in and mother
board plugged in only. It still will only attempt to start.
I resently tried a switch off another case, but no luck.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Just a thought perhaps you need to turn the wire that plugs into your
motherboard from your switch around?
Old December 9th 03, 02:10 AM
Sid Mack

You have a short. Did you use insulators on the screws you used to install
the mainboard? If not the short is probably there. Something metal is
touching your mainboard.
om...