Epson cartridge nozzle film

Old April 11th 06, 08:33 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Default Epson cartridge nozzle film

Jeepers no one replied yet...?
Well first of all fuzzy edges on text, thats called feathering varies
with printer models, could also be due to ink and paper type...do you
use inkjet paper which is coated..? Looks like printing on blotting
paper but not as bad eh..!

Epson cartridges has a clear tape looking film stuck over the nozzles
for a very good reason, when you insert the cartridge....hopefully
the nozzle will peirce this film as it is pushed into the end of the
cartridge and suppose help to 'air seal' the connection, like a
rubber gasket if you will.

Am I right folks.....?

Davy

Old April 12th 06, 11:32 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Epson work OK BUT never change to non genuine ink, for one you void
the warranty, "I know that from personal experience", if
the print head is blocked, it's cheaper to buy a new printer, the
canon Pixma ip4000 or higher series work OK.

Seperate ink tanks is a must have these days.

My old Epson had a good life until I got slack and bought cheap ink
tanks, it lasted 1 day and a new print head was near $300, you can
get a pretty good new printer for $250 or much less, an ip3000 can be
had for $150.

Old April 12th 06, 01:01 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Epson work OK BUT never change to non genuine ink, for one you void
the warranty, "I know that from personal experience", if
the print head is blocked, it's cheaper to buy a new printer, the
canon Pixma ip4000 or higher series work OK.

First, in my experience I have not encountered the problem of one's warranty
being voided for using third party inks from Epson, nor have I read that in
any Epson warranty. If Epson can prove that whatever problem has arison was
a result of the ink then that's a different story. There is a difference in
the way one says this.
But even further, your inference that third party ink should not be used
with an Epson is incredulous from my experience with these printers for the
past fourteen years. After the OEM runs out I've used nothing but third
party inks with complete success on more than fifty Epson 740 and 880
printers, at our school and currently am testing third party dye-base ink on
three (new-taken out of the box) C-84 printers because the Epson OEM ink
previously caused five other C-84 printers to clog and become trash for the
dump. If you don't know the story behind Epson's Dura-brite inks then I
would suggest you do some research before recommending anyone with a printer
use it.
Third party ink from quality sources, equals and often exceeds what Epson
has to offer. It is easy to make a generalization to catch the masses. It is
far better to give facts that support those theories, and not just from one
experience.

Seperate ink tanks is a must have these days.

Well, that's your opinion, and I can respect that.

--
Jan Alter

or

. ..

Old April 12th 06, 02:33 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

When I had troubles with the C62's yonks ago I was told that I shoulf
leave the clear film over the exit nozzle on the ink tanks on for
that very reason, it was stressed that I should never remove them,
not that I had of course, but you do tear away the yellow strip on
top to uncover the breathing vent.

So who's telling me porkies...?

Davy

Old April 12th 06, 11:33 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Jan, read the warranty, all of it, I have owned 2 Epson printers, one
was as said fitted with non genuine inks that did not agree with the
genuine ink, blocking the print head, the other had an electrical
malfunction out of warranty.

Once sent away for warranty service I received an email stating that
as they found non genuine ink in the print head no warranty would be
honored, end of subject, what part of that is hard to understand ?
all inks are not the same, and considering that I put the genuine ink
tanks back in before returning the printer, YES, they obviously can
tell the difference.

Having said I have personally been there is not BS as I gain nothing
by teling you that, there is a section in the warranty fine print
stating that use of non genuine inks is classified as modifying the
printer, which is a giant no no and thus voids the warranty.

If ya don't beleive me simply call Epson.

That should be fairly simple, YES they obviously can tell the
difference between the ink it should have and what is actually in
it.

As for this clear film ? most ink tanks have a cover over the exit
with a strip of thin metal tape, that is sealed so the ink tank lasts
in storage, it's also sealed on the top, both need to be removed,
pretty easy stuff, after all the info on how to do it is on the
packaging.

Some ink is rubbish, plain and simple, and while some printers can
handle cheaper alternatives, others can not, the Epson is one that is
very fussy with ink types, while on the other hand I still have an OLD
BJC4000 that has been refilled over and over with "Quink"
black fountain pen ink and it still works fine, it simply can't be
killed.

Buying ink cheap may help your bank balance immediately but it is not
recomended for all printers, a print head costs more than a new
printer, remember the Epson I had the dramas with never ran out of
ink, it was just low and was replaced with Calidad ink refills, not
cheap Ebay rubbish, and as was stated it lasted 1 day before the
print head partially blocked up and just got worse from there to the
point it printed only 10% of any given letter.

Read the Epson warranty, it has not changed, but get out the glasses,
it's in fine print.

Old April 12th 06, 11:48 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

digisol wrote:
[...]

That's pure unadulterated bull**** if you reside in America. Please show
us where in the Epson warranty is says explicitly, that non-Epson Inks
(in those exact words) will void the warranty.
No lies.
Frank
Old April 13th 06, 03:18 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

digisol wrote:
Read it (especially the last line) and weep.

Warranty Exclusions
This Warranty will not apply if during the warranty period:

A Product's serial number or any rating label is removed or changed in
any way;
A Product is repaired other than by a Service Agent;
You use a Product contrary to any technical or operating environment
guidelines recommended in its user guide or manual;
A part in your Product, (including without limitation the waste pads),
reaches the end of its service life;
A Product's malfunction or failure results from:

deliberate or accidental damage;
neglect or modification;
incorrect voltage or a power surge; or
your use of any non-genuine consumables, software, parts, accessories
or interfacing.

OUCH !

Wrong! The Epson warranty will not cover "damage caused by non-oem
products". The key wording here is ..."damaged caused by"....
If you're stupid enough to let some low level phone jerk buffalo you in
to believing that the non-oem ink you used damaged your Epson printer,
then you deserve what you got.
I've used Epson printers for over 10 yrs now and have sent three of them
back under warranty, with non-oem carts still in them. Only once did I
have a phone hack try to blow by me the "non-oem" corp bull**** line. My
answer was,”according to your written warranty, you must prove that the
non-oem product I used caused the damage”. Are you willing to dothat?
If yes then you must send me the independent lab report that verifies
that my use of non-oem ink caused the damage so my lawyer can review it,
ok? You must also make the printer available should my lawyer want to
have another lab test it to verify your results.
The phone hack said…”hold on a min please”…after a short time he
returned and said…"uhhh...we’ll send you a referb model".No problem.
The warranty is written to scare unknowing people...like you. The major
printer companies don’t ever want to go to court having to prove non-oem
ink damages their printers. Because they already know it doesn’t.They
know you don’t have to be a ****in rocket scientist to correctly
formulate ink. It’s only water and dye/pigment for pete’ssake! Hello!
It’s been around for thousands of years!
More importantly, the major printers manufacturers out source their ink
manufacturing. It’s called “contract manufacturing”. They also know
these ink factories sell their surplus ink in bulk, to other ink
suppliers, relabeled of course.
Wise up, oem is a game of very high profits that pays for top exec’s
huge salaries and benefits out of your pocket
But not out of my pocket!
Frank
Old April 13th 06, 09:32 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

(Davy) wrote:
quote]When I had troubles with the C62's yonks ago I was told that I

shoulf
leave the clear film over the exit nozzle on the ink tanks on for
that very reason, it was stressed that I should never remove them,
not that I had of course, but you do tear away the yellow strip on
top to uncover the breathing vent.

So who's telling me porkies...?

Davy

Probably no-one Davy. Just opinions is my guess.
Tony

I'd rather believe you guy's rather than Epson UK, they've seem to
have told us a couple of things that folks dis-agree with.... the
devils had me wasting a set of brand new ink tanks.

....by the time I'd finished on the phone a dog flea could have made a
bigger puddle of what was left.!

When it comes to servicing under warranty, I guess that ink business
depends on the mood of the guy at the other end.... if it's a service
agent probably the guy will lose nothing either way whether he hands a
new printer or repairs it under warranty... the guy I would imagine
would get paid just the same.

So why go round a mountain when you can take a short cut through it..?
This is the impression I got when he clodded mine in the trash
bin...."litterally clodded...".

A proper Epson guy wouldn't do such thing's would he, at least I got
the impression what he thought of them without a word being
said.

Sorry folks a little off topic.

Davy

Old April 13th 06, 10:32 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Well Frank, i'll be frank, that was taken from the current Epson web
site "today" for Australian warranties given out with the
extended warranty, while your Epson printers actual warranty are read
in far more detail, to read that if you should use ANY non genuine
ink you are noted as modifying the printer from it's standard form as
sold to you, the warranty reads as given, but instead of calling me a
liar, call Epson and have them tell you the same thing.

As said I have personally gone through the drama of having the
"authorised repairer" tell me that as I had used non
genuine ink a new print head "on it's own" + labour + new
ink tanks + freight added up to a tidy sum of near $500 for a $200
printer, now what part of that is hard to follow ?

Try it on and see for yourself how far your warranty gets ya, and that
particular printer was only 6 months old on it's third ink change and
also under an extented warranty....

If anyone bothered to actually read the post, they did in fact test
the inks found in the head and inks are not inks, all are different,
some water based, some oil based, some special chemical compounds
that are likely to be easy found, not presant, put simply Epson knows
what their own ink is, it was tested and found to have used non
genuine ink, voiding the warranty.

Old April 13th 06, 10:32 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Read the post ! the print head was blocked (that was the fault) done
by mixing the two inks inside the print head, it had genuine ink
tanks in it, returned to Emerald, our closest Epson service centre,
and allbeit low the tanks were not empty.