MAJOR PROBLEM WITH PC!!! PLEASE HELP!

Old September 7th 03, 05:41 PM
Robert Abramson

Default MAJOR PROBLEM WITH PC!!! PLEASE HELP!

Hi,

I have brand new Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2, AMD XP 2600+ 333 MHz fsb and
compatible DDR ram.
Accidentally, I upped the fsb to 220! After this, i could not get a post. I
cleared the CMOS 10 times and took the battery out and cleared plenty of
times. Before this, my PC was working fine. Is there anything i can do to
fix this?

THX for any input,

Rob

Old September 7th 03, 05:57 PM
Doughnut

did u unplug the power supply? some motherboards dont clear the cmos very
easily when the power is still on (in my experience). Unplug it, short the
jumper and leave for 10mins if it dont come back then it sounds like you got
a bigger problem.
Let us know how you get on.

doughnut

Old September 7th 03, 06:08 PM
Paul

Hi!
Yes You have done something terrible (You should o/c Your mainboard very
carefuly...1MHZ and not 60 in one time - this can damage Your mainboard) but
You can easily run Your computer again...if Your mainboard is not damage now
but it shouldn't there are security diods and jumpers in new
mainboards...back to the subject...just use the J10 and J11 jumper - You
ought have it in You mainboards instruction...if not email me I shall write
in 5 minutes...

Old September 7th 03, 07:25 PM
John Smith

Also to add to Doughnuts advice try holding down the "INSERT" key when you fire up

Smiffy

Old September 8th 03, 12:21 AM
Robert Abramson

k paul thx for the input... unfortunately i dont know wut u mean by the J10
and J11 jumpers.....if you can please contact me at with
the info u promised me. Thx agen

Rob

Old September 8th 03, 01:15 AM
Robert Abramson

ok i did what all of you said, and still nothing. I tried to set my board to
100 mhz fsb and still nothing. PLEASE HELP!!

thx
rob

Old September 8th 03, 08:06 AM
Ray

Just out of curiousity, is it possible to fry memory if OCed too much???
Could the CPU have been damaged during the excessive OC??

Old September 8th 03, 01:55 PM
al

The problem is that the board if you have cleared the cmos once without
changin the settings that makes it unbootable or not changing them enough
the next time you try to boot it does not work as the clear cmos function
only work once without boot.I think that's a motherboard error but the
problem is that the store where you bought it might not replace it if you
say you changed the frontsidebus as the warranty's not valid when
overclocking.The same thing happend to me but I had a new board from the
store.
regards
al

Old September 8th 03, 04:25 PM
Paul

If Your mainboards doesnt have security diods and jumpers inside it is
possible to damage it during o/c if it has the security jumpers will block
the CPU controller-chipset and nothing should happen...

--
Paul

Old September 10th 03, 03:30 AM
Dale Chase

On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 16:41:39 GMT, "Robert Abramson"
wrote:

Hi,

I have brand new Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2, AMD XP 2600+ 333 MHz fsb and
compatible DDR ram.
Accidentally, I upped the fsb to 220! After this, i could not get a post. I
cleared the CMOS 10 times and took the battery out and cleared plenty of
times. Before this, my PC was working fine. Is there anything i can do to
fix this?

THX for any input,

Rob

Try holding the DEL key down during the entire boot process as your
manual says to. Try this after clearing cmos with the power cord
unplugged. Some nf2 boards require the insert key but your manual
says DEL key.

Dale