[OT] Antec cases and i/o backpanels

Old September 1st 03, 06:38 PM
ko

Default [OT] Antec cases and i/o backpanels

Hi!

I was bout to buy an Antec case to make my pc cooler but i noticed (from
photos on their website) the backpanel will not fit my mobo (gigabyte 7n400
pro). My mobo has a built in i/o panel.

Is the backpanel from Antec cases removable, does anyone have the same
combination (Antec and 7n400 pro)?

Any advice welcome

Bye

Old September 1st 03, 06:53 PM
rstlne

virtually every case has a removable plate in the back of it
you'll find that the back plate will come off of the ga-7n400 anyhow..
look at the pictures of how it would come boxed
(http://tw.giga-byte.com/motherboard/..._GA-7N400.htm#)
... if you zoom in on the connectors you'll see how there is no plate...

If the antec plate has the exact same holes (I doubt it) then I would keep
it as it will probably be much stronger than the flimsy one that comes with
the motherboard

It sounds like your first go at doing this sort of thing so good luck

Old September 1st 03, 07:25 PM
ko

Thanx for taking time for answering!

virtually every case has a removable plate in the back of it
you'll find that the back plate will come off of the ga-7n400 anyhow..
look at the pictures of how it would come boxed
(http://tw.giga-byte.com/motherboard/..._GA-7N400.htm#)
.. if you zoom in on the connectors you'll see how there is no plate...

Yes, i've seen that. The problem is i'm afraid Antec case hasn't removable
backpanels, searching in groups google i found a thread where someone was
complaining about this... but the thread is rather old, thy might have fixed
this issue with their cases now.

[CUT]

It sounds like your first go at doing this sort of thing so good luck

You got it right! Thanx

BTW I was thinking about changing my case just for the temperature, i now
have a 2400+ not overclocked AMD with a bad alluminium heatsink and a 4800
rpm fan on it. I have ordered a Volcano 11+ and a 2500+ barton but i doubt
it will be much cooler than now (37 sys 53 cpu), 'coz the system temp itself
is high and i learnt you cannot get lower than 10 degrees higher than the
sys with any heatsink (that would make 37+10=47! A bit high at idle and not
overclocked!

Bye

Old September 1st 03, 07:42 PM
rstlne

Thanx for taking time for answering!

virtually every case has a removable plate in the back of it
you'll find that the back plate will come off of the ga-7n400 anyhow..
look at the pictures of how it would come boxed
(http://tw.giga-byte.com/motherboard/..._GA-7N400.htm#)
.. if you zoom in on the connectors you'll see how there is no plate...

Yes, i've seen that. The problem is i'm afraid Antec case hasn't removable
backpanels, searching in groups google i found a thread where someone was
complaining about this... but the thread is rather old, thy might have

fixed
this issue with their cases now.

I have an Anatec case now, and I am fairly sure that my p166mmx case was
also made by antec.. I cant remember 100% if it was their or not but the
design is nearly identical to how it is now and just like todays antec
cases, it was expensive..

my current one is a 660amg..
the picture of the back shows a plate there but it knocks straigh out

It sounds like your first go at doing this sort of thing so good luck

You got it right! Thanx

BTW I was thinking about changing my case just for the temperature, i now
have a 2400+ not overclocked AMD with a bad alluminium heatsink and a 4800
rpm fan on it. I have ordered a Volcano 11+ and a 2500+ barton but i doubt
it will be much cooler than now (37 sys 53 cpu), 'coz the system temp

itself
is high and i learnt you cannot get lower than 10 degrees higher than the
sys with any heatsink (that would make 37+10=47! A bit high at idle and

not
overclocked!

Bye

YOu may lower your system temp by using a quality case/ps..
AirFlow is verry important and a poor design'd case will have poor airflow,
cases that have grate sides tend to be useless for putting fans in, anyhow
good luck with what you decide to do

Old September 2nd 03, 04:25 AM
Too_Much_Coffee ®

"ko" wrote in message
Hi!

I was bout to buy an Antec case to make my pc cooler but i noticed (from
photos on their website) the backpanel will not fit my mobo (gigabyte

7n400
pro). My mobo has a built in i/o panel.

Is the backpanel from Antec cases removable, does anyone have the same
combination (Antec and 7n400 pro)?

Any advice welcome

I have an Antec case. The last mobo I bought had a replacement back panel in
the box.

Go to www.newegg.com and find your motherboard. Click 'see it' and look at
the pictures OR follow this link:
http://tinyurl.com/lx3m