Epson Print Software Cd printing template

Old August 9th 06, 12:18 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
oasisoflife

Default Epson Print Software Cd printing template

HI all
I have a Epson Photo R320 printer which I use mainly for printing CD s
too, I make CD CLocks , all my designs have been created using the
Epson print CD software that came with it.. what I want to know is
there any software out there that I can create templates for and just
use the cd print tray with the current printer, then if I change
printer I can use the same templates.
I have tried printing test templates with Avery after burner but
with little success . this Is the second CD printer I have got through
now and although suitable for my needs I would rather start to
transfer all my templates into a transferable format in my own time.
thanks for any help
Paul
Old August 9th 06, 12:43 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Fenrir Enterprises

On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 00:18:36 +0100, oasisoflife
wrote:

HI all
I have a Epson Photo R320 printer which I use mainly for printing CD s
too, I make CD CLocks , all my designs have been created using the
Epson print CD software that came with it.. what I want to know is
there any software out there that I can create templates for and just
use the cd print tray with the current printer, then if I change
printer I can use the same templates.
I have tried printing test templates with Avery after burner but
with little success . this Is the second CD printer I have got through
now and although suitable for my needs I would rather start to
transfer all my templates into a transferable format in my own time.
thanks for any help
Paul

As long as you have the PrintCD software you can just cut and paste it
into another imaging program. Personally, I design in Photoshop, and
only cut-paste into PrintCD when I'm ready to print. That way I could
use it in any program that I want to.

If you're in the US, Epsons are the only ones you can print on CD with
out of the box. You can perform easy aftermarket modifications to some
Canons to make them print CDs, but most people I've suggested this to
don't want to be bothered with it.

--

http://www.FenrirOnline.com

Computer services, custom metal etching,
arts, crafts, and much more.
Old August 9th 06, 12:52 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
oasisoflife

wrote:

[...]

Hi thanks for that, yes thats what I should have done from the start,
create templates in Photoshop , trouble is I cant cut and paste from
Print Cd to Photoshop if I could than that would be the answer .
thanks Paul
Old August 9th 06, 03:56 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
FredFarkle

wrote:

HI all
I have a Epson Photo R320 printer which I use mainly for printing CD s
too, I make CD CLocks , all my designs have been created using the
Epson print CD software that came with it.. what I want to know is
there any software out there that I can create templates for and just
use the cd print tray with the current printer, then if I change
printer I can use the same templates.
I have tried printing test templates with Avery after burner but
with little success . this Is the second CD printer I have got through
now and although suitable for my needs I would rather start to
transfer all my templates into a transferable format in my own time.
thanks for any help
Paul

Try Sure Thing Labelmaker. Great program.

Want to Fix Something?

http://www.manuals4you.com

http://www.justmanuals.com
Instant download after purchase

Old August 9th 06, 10:50 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Fenrir Enterprises

On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 00:52:24 +0100, oasisoflife
wrote:

Hi thanks for that, yes thats what I should have done from the start,
create templates in Photoshop , trouble is I cant cut and paste from
Print Cd to Photoshop if I could than that would be the answer .
thanks Paul

After finding several threads with the same problem as yours, the only
suggestion I found was to 'print to PDF' using this program.

http://www.primopdf.com/

I haven't tried it yet myself, but it's probably thte best solution
out there, apparently there simply isn't a way to convert or save as
something else.

Old August 9th 06, 11:54 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
oasisoflife

wrote:

Hi thanks for that, yes thats what I should have done from the start,
create templates in Photoshop , trouble is I cant cut and paste from
Print Cd to Photoshop if I could than that would be the answer .
thanks Paul

After finding several threads with the same problem as yours, the only
suggestion I found was to 'print to PDF' using this program.

http://www.primopdf.com/

I haven't tried it yet myself, but it's probably thte best solution
out there, apparently there simply isn't a way to convert or save as
something else.

--

http://www.FenrirOnline.com

Computer services, custom metal etching,
arts, crafts, and much more.

Thanks for the help yes pdf is an option now looking at some of my
label software and even photo shop for a correct CD label template
with 20mm centre then yes copy and past it into Epson print .. Thanks
Again
Paul
Old September 5th 06, 04:08 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
gerry

Try this: Save the image you made to a folder you create on your
desktop. You can now import the picture to the blank label the PrintCD
program uses. I set the inner diameter to 23 mm, the outer diameter to
116 mm.