AMD Sempron ships

Old July 28th 04, 12:04 PM
Yousuf Khan

Default AMD Sempron ships

Looks like AMD has taken the wraps off of its budget Sempron line a few days
early.

http://www.internetnews.com/ent-news...le.php/3387051

There are two distinct lines of Semprons, several K7-based Socket A and a
K8-based Socket 754. The K8 Semprons have their 64-bit capabilities
disabled. The K7's range in performance from 2200+ to 2800+, while the K8 is
at 3100+.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?M4CF229E8

http://www.computerweekly.com/articl...rch= &nPage=1

Here's the benches:

http://anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2139

Yousuf Khan

--
Humans: contact me at ykhan at rogers dot com
Spambots: just reply to this email address ;-)

Old July 29th 04, 06:33 PM
Judd

Are you the unofficial spokesman for AMD? Why is this posted to the Intel
site... just curious.

ogers.com...

Old July 30th 04, 03:34 AM
Keith

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 11:33:59 -0600, Judd wrote:

Are you the unofficial spokesman for AMD?

Oh, good grief! Everyone with a brain is an AMD supporter!

Why is this posted to the Intel site... just curious.

My my, somone has their panties in a twist! You don't consider AMD worthy
of talk in an Intel "Site" (I don't think CSI is supported by Intel, nor
is the Usenet a "site" of any reasonable description). OTOH, you might
just learn something from Mr. Khan (though I am stretching belief here).

....not to mention this is also posted to CSIPHC where all us Intel haters
hang out. ;-)

In short, you're nothing but a top-posting maroon!

--
Keith

Old July 30th 04, 03:44 AM
daytripper

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 22:34:40 -0400, Keith wrote:

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 11:33:59 -0600, Judd wrote:

Are you the unofficial spokesman for AMD?

Oh, good grief! Everyone with a brain is an AMD supporter!

Why is this posted to the Intel site... just curious.

My my, somone has their panties in a twist! You don't consider AMD worthy
of talk in an Intel "Site" (I don't think CSI is supported by Intel, nor
is the Usenet a "site" of any reasonable description). OTOH, you might
just learn something from Mr. Khan (though I am stretching belief here).

...not to mention this is also posted to CSIPHC where all us Intel haters
hang out. ;-)

In short, you're nothing but a top-posting maroon!

lmao! no prisoners taken here!

/daytripper (not that there's anything wrong with that ;-)
Old July 30th 04, 05:14 AM
Keith

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 02:44:55 +0000, daytripper wrote:

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 22:34:40 -0400, Keith wrote:

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 11:33:59 -0600, Judd wrote:

Are you the unofficial spokesman for AMD?

Oh, good grief! Everyone with a brain is an AMD supporter!

Why is this posted to the Intel site... just curious.

My my, somone has their panties in a twist! You don't consider AMD worthy
of talk in an Intel "Site" (I don't think CSI is supported by Intel, nor
is the Usenet a "site" of any reasonable description). OTOH, you might
just learn something from Mr. Khan (though I am stretching belief here).

...not to mention this is also posted to CSIPHC where all us Intel haters
hang out. ;-)

In short, you're nothing but a top-posting maroon!

lmao! no prisoners taken here!

Uneducated combatants are supposed to be taken prisoner? Someone call
DonR!

/daytripper (not that there's anything wrong with that ;-)

;-))

--
Keith

Old July 30th 04, 05:48 AM
Judd

"Keith" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 11:33:59 -0600, Judd wrote:

Are you the unofficial spokesman for AMD?

Oh, good grief! Everyone with a brain is an AMD supporter!

Rah, rah, rah... go stick a sempron up your ass.

Why is this posted to the Intel site... just curious.

My my, somone has their panties in a twist! You don't consider AMD worthy
of talk in an Intel "Site" (I don't think CSI is supported by Intel, nor
is the Usenet a "site" of any reasonable description). OTOH, you might
just learn something from Mr. Khan (though I am stretching belief here).

...not to mention this is also posted to CSIPHC where all us Intel haters
hang out. ;-)

In short, you're nothing but a top-posting maroon!

What's a "maroon"? Webster says: " a dark red " and "a descendant of such
a slave".
Well, I may be a "maroon", but you are clearly a retard.

Old July 30th 04, 07:49 PM
Felger Carbon

"Judd" wrote in message

In short, you're nothing but a top-posting maroon!

What's a "maroon"? Webster says: " a dark red " and "a descendant

of such
a slave".
Well, I may be a "maroon", but you are clearly a retard.

I'm addressing this to all 3 readers of comp.arch who aren't Bugs
Bunny cartoon fans. When Bugs wanted to denigrate the intelligence of
another cartoon character, he would **intend** to say "What a moron!"
but what actually came out (in the cartoon) would be "What a maroon!",
suggesting some ambiguity as to whose sagacity should be impugned. I
believe that this is the sense in which Keith was writing.

If you seriously want to challenge someone's intellectual dexterity, I
suggest sweetly inquiring if they rode the short bus to school. ;-)

Old July 30th 04, 09:00 PM
Judd

The Intel haters and AMD lovers should post to that group rather than
flooding comp.sys.intel with propoganda. It's to the point now where you
can't talk nor get any information on Intel processors and architecture
without the constant bashing. There should be a
comp.religious.processor.wars or something more suitable for that stuff.

Old July 30th 04, 09:04 PM
JK

It is not a matter of bashing, it is a matter of explaining to people
that they should research the alternatives first, then decide if an
Intel processor is a good choice. In most instances, an AMD
processor will provide better performance at each price point.

Old July 30th 04, 11:50 PM
daytripper

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 18:49:45 GMT, "Felger Carbon" wrote:

"Judd" wrote in message

In short, you're nothing but a top-posting maroon!

What's a "maroon"? Webster says: " a dark red " and "a descendant

of such
a slave".
Well, I may be a "maroon", but you are clearly a retard.

I'm addressing this to all 3 readers of comp.arch who aren't Bugs
Bunny cartoon fans. When Bugs wanted to denigrate the intelligence of
another cartoon character, he would **intend** to say "What a moron!"
but what actually came out (in the cartoon) would be "What a maroon!",
suggesting some ambiguity as to whose sagacity should be impugned. I
believe that this is the sense in which Keith was writing.

If you seriously want to challenge someone's intellectual dexterity, I
suggest sweetly inquiring if they rode the short bus to school. ;-)

Too cute by half.
My current fave:
"I don't know what your problem is, but I bet it's hard to spell"

;-)

Why 2200+ & 2800+ in both model 8 & model 10 Sempron? Michael Brown Overclocking AMD Processors 3 September 27th 04 07:07 AM
Why 2200+ & 2800+ in both model 8 & model 10 Sempron? [email protected] General 3 September 27th 04 05:40 AM
Why 2200+ & 2800+ in both model 8 & model 10 Sempron? Michael Brown Homebuilt PC's 2 September 27th 04 05:40 AM
AMD SEMPRON CPU patrick Homebuilt PC's 0 July 29th 04 12:59 PM
AMD Sempron - New processor johny Overclocking AMD Processors 6 June 12th 04 05:02 PM