password!

Old June 24th 03, 08:25 PM
Floatin

Default password!

I just got home from a very wet *gg* vacation, and just before i set a
password on my ibm t20 so my little sister could not use it! but now i
forgot it!

I tried do remove both baterries and the harddrive but the pass prompt is
still there!

anyone know how to remove it / where is it stored?

Old June 24th 03, 08:47 PM
jack

k...
:
: I tried do remove both baterries and the harddrive but the pass prompt
is
: still there!
:
: anyone know how to remove it / where is it stored?
:

Computer theft is a serious crime, troll boy. What a maroon!

J.

Old June 25th 03, 12:49 AM
George Macdonald

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 21:25:08 +0200, "Floatin"
wrote:

I just got home from a very wet *gg* vacation, and just before i set a
password on my ibm t20 so my little sister could not use it! but now i
forgot it!

I tried do remove both baterries and the harddrive but the pass prompt is
still there!

anyone know how to remove it / where is it stored?

If it really is *your* T20 you'll have a manual wihch will tell you that
the computer needs to be returned to IBM for a system board swap.

Rgds, George Macdonald

Old June 25th 03, 03:03 AM
Keith R. Williams

In article , fammacd=!
says...
wrote:

I just got home from a very wet *gg* vacation, and just before i set a
password on my ibm t20 so my little sister could not use it! but now i
forgot it!

I tried do remove both baterries and the harddrive but the pass prompt is
still there!

anyone know how to remove it / where is it stored?

If it really is *your* T20 you'll have a manual wihch will tell you that
the computer needs to be returned to IBM for a system board swap.

Come on George! He was protecting his "sister"!

Sorry, but George is right. Set the password and you'd better
remember it. If you swiped the ThinkPad, sorry. You have
exactly what you deserve, well sans a cell and big-bubba.

--
Keith

Can't set CMOS password Shep© General 2 January 1st 05 01:59 AM
BIOS Password [email protected] General 4 December 23rd 04 12:41 PM
Laptop Security ajh Dell Computers 25 August 12th 04 09:21 AM
Latitude W95->W2000 Upgrade now wants BIOS Disk Password. Ralph Corderoy Dell Computers 9 September 30th 03 06:04 PM
Dell laptop password Mjec General Hardware 0 July 21st 03 08:40 AM