Printer HP 970 problem printing vertical lines

Old September 25th 03, 05:08 AM
Vlad

Default Printer HP 970 problem printing vertical lines

I have 2 HP 970 printers.
On printer no.1 when printing one vertical line, I get a perfect
vertical line when selected "Best" and "Normal" but I can see that the
line is printed on 1/2 inch segments with every segment a tolerable
amount out of line.

The printer no.2 , has traveled about 800 miles with UPS and arrived
with the stepping motor obviously out of place and consequently not
working.
After some metal bending the motor started working but only produces
one straight vertical line when "Best" is selected.
On "Normal" I get two parallel vertical lines
Like ||

and on "Draft" I get a series of 1/2 inch vertical segments that are
about 1/32 " from each other.
Like |

This is, after calibrating the cartridges. Before calibration the
problem is the same but the misalignment is much worse.

Can somebody, familiar with this os similar HP printers, suggest what
part of the printer shell I adjust to correct the problem ?

Thanks for the help

Vlad
Old September 29th 03, 09:17 PM
Vlad

Found the solution to my problem :

Calibrate the cartridges again and it improved.
So I calibrated again and now is perfect "almost".

Vlad