my 2000FP is dead dead dead (Dallas area)

Old April 27th 04, 11:01 PM
MBoyd00000

Default my 2000FP is dead dead dead (Dallas area)

This flat panel is a couple of years old and out of warrenty.

Last week it wouldn't power down. And now I cant get a picture from the PC to
come up at all. Sometimes the Dell/pixelvison logo shows itself as well as the
built in screensaver but even that doesnt move around the screen like it
normally would.

I was running it 1600x1200 via DVI. Damn I'm missing that. Is this thing
repairable? Anyone have any suggestions? Anyone know of any place that works on
flat panels in the North Dallas area?

Thanks!
Old April 28th 04, 12:10 AM
ELR

"MBoyd00000" wrote in message
| This flat panel is a couple of years old and out of warrenty.
|
| Last week it wouldn't power down. And now I cant get a picture from the PC
| come up at all. Sometimes the Dell/pixelvison logo shows itself as well as
the
| built in screensaver but even that doesnt move around the screen like it
| normally would.
|
| I was running it 1600x1200 via DVI. Damn I'm missing that. Is this thing
| repairable? Anyone have any suggestions? Anyone know of any place that
works on
| flat panels in the North Dallas area?
|
| Thanks!

First rule of troubleshooting - check the hardware! Make sure the cable
connections both to the monitor and the PC are tight and that the video card
is fully seated in its slot.

If that fails, try using the monitor with the ANALOG cable. You may need to
toggle one of the buttons on the front of the monitor to switch from DVI to
analog.

There is a huge thread on the Dell Forums about DVI corruption on Dell
branded FP monitors, although the symptoms described on those threads don't
entirely match your description.

Old April 28th 04, 12:27 AM
MBoyd00000

If that fails, try using the monitor with the ANALOG cable. You may need to
toggle one of the buttons on the front of the monitor to switch from DVI to
analog.

Oh yeah did this with s-vid too. It came up once out of 5 times i tried. it
still would not power down correctly.

I'm actually with Dell's tech support now talking to one of their Bangalore
guys. Ive been transferred three different places. The stupid phone menu is
useless.