Armada 1750 NTFS NT4

Old September 4th 03, 04:01 AM
Helen

Default Armada 1750 NTFS NT4

I have an old Compaq laptop (Armada 1750). I was in the process of doing a
recovery (factory CD) when the CD-ROM died. Diagnosis of the HD reveals
that it is OK. Now when the system is turned on, the blue NT Setup screen
appears and states .....file cannot be found. Press ENTER to retry.
But that does not work. There is further message to press ESC but only if
you're experienced and know that it's OK to skip this file. Query: is
there any place I can get this OS on floppies; can Win98SE FDisk be used and
Win98SE be installed then run the Factory Recovery disk? I would like to
keep the NTFS on this computer, but now I'm thinking the problem may be the
C drive since the message states "Cannot verify C drive." At some place in
the diagnosis it shows the OS to be DOS 6?!!?? Where'd this come from?
Could that be the problem? Any comments, recommendations, remarks other
than take it to Compaq dealer or get a new system...both of the latter I'd
like to avoid. TIA

Helen

Old September 5th 03, 02:37 AM
Homer Simpson

If you have fixed the cd-rom problem, just Fdisk the c drive with your w98
floppy, format it with fat32 (also with your floppy), then boot the restore
CD.

Also, I don't think NT4 ever shipped on floppies. I know that the 1750 runs
Windows 2000 Professional well.
..