Nvidia MX4000 - Very ODD New Product

Old February 6th 04, 08:51 AM
Darthy

Default Nvidia MX4000 - Very ODD New Product

In a time of so called "Modernizing" the gaming market... Nvidia took
an odd-step backwards...

Sure the 5200s are **** useless gaming cards, that are equal to GF3
cards in performance but are better than the GF4mx line.

Then there is the issue of the Ti4200s which were faster than the
5200s and plain 5600s.

So recently, on store shelves and OEM is the apperance of the MX4000.

There is NO DOCUMENTATION of this product anywhere on Nvidias crappy
website.. Nvidia had a GREAT site for tech specs UNTIL the GF5 "fx"
cards came out.

The most I can tell about this budget $50~80 video card is that its a
MUCH SLOWER version of the Ti4200. It IS a DX8.x video card.

Here are the known facts so far:

1 - NV18 CHIP - but revised with some DX8 support (why?)
2 - Its clocked a little faster than the MX440
3 - Its 64bit memory is SLOW SLOW
4 - Up to 128mb of useless memory.
5 - Half the performance of the MX440 !!!! (which was always ****)
6 - Not really any faster than the GF2-MX400!!! (okay, about 5%)

Why does Nvidia put out such ****? I mean, if it was a $30 (at the
most) video card, it would be understandable - but hell, you can buy a
fx5200 for about $55~75 - same price range, and a slightly more modern
product... and generally faster.

How many **** cards does Nvidia now put out, recently?

MX4000
5200 (especially 64bit)
5600
5600 XT (64bit piece of ****)

Nvidia could have KEPT some respect by NEVER coming out with the
fx5200 or plain 5600. Just price reduce the TI4200

The ONLY "good" Nvidia cards to get are the 5600Ultra (minimal) and
up... and don't think we'll include a plain 5700 in that.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!
Old February 6th 04, 10:11 PM
raj

yea, nvidia has came out with some real bad marketing skills eh? but am
still a nivdia die hard fan, am still using my good ol ti 4200 8x agp (have
it clocked at 4600's speed) but after teh the Gf 4 Ti's nvidi's Fx series
are **** for now, lets compare same day the geofrce 4 came out

they came out with their geforce 4 mx series budget cards, and then the Gf 4
ti cards the real gamers cards jsut plain and simple, But now their over
doin it, the mx 4000 oh comon nvidia why waste money puttin out a geforce 2
with dx8 shaders, and also when the fx fist came out i thought right away
any fx would be a geforce 4 ti card but nooooo, ti crads can beat a 5600!
nvidia you guys really ****ed up!

Old February 6th 04, 11:09 PM
bluestringer

"Darthy" wrote in message
[...]

It's called "business" or "making money". The MX400 was and still is the
best selling graphics card ever. The 5200's may surpass it. Maybe that's the
reasoning behind the MX moniker. The high end cards only appeal to a select
few, while the majority of the gaming public will buy the low end cards,
price and bang for buck being the determining factor. Remember also, if not
for the **** low end cards selling in high quanities, there would be no high
end cards.

bluestringer

Old February 7th 04, 01:10 AM
Sith Lord

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 08:51:08 GMT in
alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Darthy
wrote:

How many **** cards does Nvidia now put out, recently?

5600

*waves*

;-(

Old February 7th 04, 01:18 AM
Sith Lord

wrote:

1 - NV18 CHIP - but revised with some DX8 support (why?)
2 - Its clocked a little faster than the MX440
3 - Its 64bit memory is SLOW SLOW
4 - Up to 128mb of useless memory.
5 - Half the performance of the MX440 !!!! (which was always ****)
6 - Not really any faster than the GF2-MX400!!! (okay, about 5%)

There are some very odd ones before that, low spec that have loads of
useless RAM, e.g.

FX5600 with 2560MB
GF3 Ti 200 with 128MB
GF2 MX with 64MB

And yes, I've bought them all:
the FX explained in another thread.
GF3 - Naivety.
2MX to replace card in server, lowest spec I could find that would do
the job of the TNT Vanta cards in all my other servers.

Old February 7th 04, 09:18 AM
Darthy

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 14:11:48 -0800, "raj" wrote:

yea, nvidia has came out with some real bad marketing skills eh? but am

Crappy markeing department.

ti cards the real gamers cards jsut plain and simple, But now their over
doin it, the mx 4000 oh comon nvidia why waste money puttin out a geforce 2
with dx8 shaders, and also when the fx fist came out i thought right away
any fx would be a geforce 4 ti card but nooooo, ti crads can beat a 5600!
nvidia you guys really ****ed up!

If the 5200 was as FAST as the Ti4200 - it would have been a
"Winner"... with such ****ed up crap from Nvidia, why do you think
you see a lof of us jumping ship to ATI?

As posted by another, which I understand - its business... but this is
TOO MUCH... the fx5200 already had that price point.

Yeah, they make their money on the low-end, but the HIGH end is the
bar that gets people talking and stuff...

The ATI 9700 brought ATI back into the game and have gained a LOT of
market share from Nvidia. It helped them to sell 9600s and
9200~9000s.

Old February 7th 04, 03:48 PM
Gordieee

Gotta love the 2 gig video cards these days though :\

"Sith Lord" bouncer@localhost wrote in message
FX5600 with 2560MB
GF3 Ti 200 with 128MB
GF2 MX with 64MB

Old February 8th 04, 09:29 AM
Darthy

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 15:48:37 -0000, "Gordieee" wrote:

Gotta love the 2 gig video cards these days though :\

"Sith Lord" bouncer@localhost wrote in message
.. .
FX5600 with 2560MB
GF3 Ti 200 with 128MB
GF2 MX with 64MB

I heard with over 2GB of RAM, the 5600 gets a speed boost.

Old February 8th 04, 11:25 AM
Sith Lord

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 09:29:02 GMT in
wrote:

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 15:48:37 -0000, "Gordieee" wrote:

Gotta love the 2 gig video cards these days though :\

"Sith Lord" bouncer@localhost wrote in message
. ..
FX5600 with 2560MB
GF3 Ti 200 with 128MB
GF2 MX with 64MB

I heard with over 2GB of RAM, the 5600 gets a speed boost.

Yeah but it's still not enough, has to use a swap file too.

Old February 9th 04, 10:14 AM
Darthy

wrote:

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 15:48:37 -0000, "Gordieee" wrote:

Gotta love the 2 gig video cards these days though :\

"Sith Lord" bouncer@localhost wrote in message
FX5600 with 2560MB
GF3 Ti 200 with 128MB
GF2 MX with 64MB

I heard with over 2GB of RAM, the 5600 gets a speed boost.

Yeah but it's still not enough, has to use a swap file too.

Then perhaps adding a Flux Capacitor can help? Should make it surpas
the 5900?