AMD's 45nm technology compared against Intel's

Old January 2nd 09, 08:12 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Robert Myers

Default AMD's 45nm technology compared against Intel's

On Jan 2, 2:34*pm, Robert Redelmeier wrote:
Robert Myers wrote in part:

It's my estimation of your credibility, and it is perfectly
legitimate argumentation. *

No, entirely illegitimate. *Credibility only matters when
facts are being reported, and ideally not even then since
scientific facts must be replicatable to be worth anything.

I, you and everyone else is engaged in interpretation,
a form of argumentation which is supported or falls on
the rules of logic you have previously disdained.

You didn't offer facts, my tiresome interlocutor. You offered an
opinion. When you offer an opinion, your credibility on the subject
addressed matters. On the subject on which you offered an opinion,
you have no credibility.

Rhetoric is rhetoric and logic is logic and never the twain shall
meet.

Robert.
Old January 4th 09, 04:56 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Robert Redelmeier

Robert Myers wrote in part:
You didn't offer facts, my tiresome interlocutor.
You offered an opinion.

No, I presented an argument. My personal opinions are usually
unstated, and no-one should assume that I like any of the
arguments I present. I merely find them worthy of consideration.

When you offer an opinion, your credibility on the subject
addressed matters.

Only if unsupported by argument. Unlike you, I do not ask people
to believe my conclusions. I ask they consider my arguments.

Rhetoric is rhetoric and logic is logic and
never the twain shall meet.

You want tiresome, you got it: Logic is part of rhetoric.
So are less reliable devices based on ethos and pathos.

-- Robert R

Old January 4th 09, 06:11 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Robert Myers

On Jan 3, 11:56*pm, Robert Redelmeier wrote:
Robert Myers wrote in part:

You didn't offer facts, my tiresome interlocutor.
You offered an opinion. *

No, I presented an argument. *My personal opinions are usually
unstated, and no-one should assume that I like any of the
arguments I present. *I merely find them worthy of consideration.

When you offer an opinion, your credibility on the subject
addressed matters. *

Only if unsupported by argument. *Unlike you, I do not ask people
to believe my conclusions. *I ask they consider my arguments.

Rhetoric is rhetoric and logic is logic and
never the twain shall meet.

You want tiresome, you got it: *Logic is part of rhetoric. *
So are less reliable devices based on ethos and pathos.

Have a nice life.

Robert.
Old January 23rd 09, 06:24 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
chrisv

tandrew wrote:

sad to see an argument

Avoid usenet.