Ati radeon x700 graphics card , i'm unsure of the version that i have....or is there only one version?

Old March 20th 06, 09:14 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Default Ati radeon x700 graphics card , i'm unsure of the version that i have....or is there only one version?

Hi , i've just bought a 2nd hand Sapphire Radeon x700 256mb agp graphics
card 8x , but i don't seem to be able to see any extra to the name on the
packaging , such as pro / gto etc ??? is there only one version of the x700
? i've had a quick google and only seem to see x700 pros , so is the card as
standard a x700 pro ????

I'm going to be using with a widescreen video projector , so its mainly for
the hdmi output and for some gaming .

the system that i will be putting the card into , has 768 megs of ram and a
celeron 2.40 mhz on a 478 motherboard , will the card perform well with such
a low processor , or will the graphics card in general be doing the hard
work of the gaming , my main game is world of warcraft

Any advice welcomed

Old March 20th 06, 11:21 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

If you use the Omega drivers instead of ATIs, they will tell you what
card model you have.

The X700, X700 Pro, X700 XT and X700 SE/Super are all different
configurations based on the same RV410 chipset. I have an X700 Super,
which is a little slower clock and memory speed, but 512MB of RAM. The
XT is faster than the Pro. I don't believe the X700 is marketed
anymore.

Applications vary as to where potential bottlenecks are. I don't play
WOW, but the x700 is a reasonable mid priced card, faster on most
benchmarks than the 9800 Pro, which a couple of years ago was the
fastest ATI out there.

You can google "X700" and find lots of data.

James