LTE 4/25c

Old September 30th 05, 02:33 AM

BigWalk,

PCMCIA Modems in the card slot, do I understand you right? Oh Jesus!
(as you usa-americans say) ;-).
The LTE Lite has not PCMCIA slot and the card slot on the side is ONLY
for a DRAM Card. Even if it fits (strange that it does; maybe all is
broken now, hehe) it can never ever operate any PCMCIA device of any
kind. Haha, ok since we know its a PCMCIA card:
nothing will ever work, please forget it and buy the 144 SpeedPAQ
FaxModem (internal 14K Modem for the LTE Lite; fastest modem) or an
external 56K Modem for the COM Port.

European

Old September 30th 05, 04:33 AM
bigwalk

Hi,

Anonymouswrote:

BigWalk,

PCMCIA Modems in the card slot, do I understand you right? Oh

Jesus!
(as you usa-americans say) ;-).
The LTE Lite has not PCMCIA slot and the card slot on the side is

ONLY
for a DRAM Card. Even if it fits (strange that it does; maybe all

is
broken now, hehe) it can never ever operate any PCMCIA device of

any
kind. Haha, ok since we know its a PCMCIA card:
nothing will ever work, please forget it and buy the 144 SpeedPAQ
FaxModem (internal 14K Modem for the LTE Lite; fastest modem) or an
external 56K Modem for the COM Port.

European

That was my error in calling it a PCMCIA slot. It fits perfectly
well, just above the ramcard which I took from one of the LTE
sub-assemblies. Even the screwhole on the modem matched. Since both
the sub-assemblies had a modem and a Dram card I find it unlikely
that they weren't valid modems. I'm a Canadian not a yank, and I've
been working on vintage computers since the early 90s, and have a
diploma in Digital Electronics and I'm well aware of the danger of
forcing a connection.

Despite your belief that the SpeedPAQ is the only LTE modem, I
believe you're wrong.

Now if you would be so kind as to answer my questions in the message,
I would appreciate it.

Thankyou

BigWalk

Old September 30th 05, 07:34 PM
bigwalk

Just googled the usenet LTE archives. There's many instances where the
Apex Data modem is mentioned, as well as the Megahertz and another
one, besides the SpeedPAQ. Now if I can only find the driver or how
to get it working.

BigWalk

Old October 1st 05, 10:30 AM

hi bigwalk,
the 144 speedpaq was the fastest faxmodem for this laptop, thats true.
beside that you could buy older ones like the 2400 or 9600 modem. you
seem to have a third party one, unknown to me. anyways, i use the
speedpaq fax modem and windows 95 has no problems with it at all. (lte
lite 4/33c). in the bios the modem is activated as it is in your i
guess. i do not know which OS you have and so on and so far but i found
this page: http://list.driverguide.com/list/company93/index.html

maybe it is helpful for you.

european

Old October 1st 05, 10:34 AM

hi again:

Does your LTE BIOS also show Modem State.....off
when you boot up ? Is there some sort of modem driver
install in your autoexec or config.sys files ?

there is nothing like that at all. i run windows 95 on a lte lite 4/33c
with 20 mb ram.
if u could install win95 on ur machine, i believe that everything would
be very easy for you. in my case win95 installed everything
automatically.

euro