prob moviing deskpro mobo in Aopen case

Old August 14th 05, 10:33 PM
rmc

Default prob moviing deskpro mobo in Aopen case

Hello,

I want to move my Compaq 06C4h deskpro motherboard in a ATX Aopen case.

Problem is that on the compaq case there's only 1 cable to connect the
power switch, reset switch, power led and HD led but in the Aopen case
these are 4 different small cables wich connect the front case with the
moterhboard.

Unfortunately there's no documentation available in the manual about
wich of the 10 pins on the mobo are for wich specific cable-connection
wich looks like this:

OOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOO

Does anybody in this ng know the specific pins for this compaq mobo or
perhaps this is a general issue?

kind regards,
rmc

PS Below is a detailed overview of my system gathered with siw.exe.

Manufacturer: Compaq
Chassis: Desktop
DMI Version: 2.3
BIOS Version: COMPAQ - 20010612
Version: 686P0 v2.04
Motherboard
Manufacturer: Compaq
Model : 06C4h
Serial Number: 8140FR4Z0BS5
CPU socket: XU1
Max CPU speed: 2300 MHz
Processor Upgrade: ZIF Socket
Old August 14th 05, 11:10 PM
Ben Myers

I've done something similar, but in reverse, installing an Intel microATX board
in a Compaq Presario ATX case.

The easiest thing to do is to CAREFULLY remove the integrated single front panel
wiring harness from the Compaq case, then trace the connections of the lights
and buttons according to the colors of the wire leads. For the most part,
Compaq does not provide details of front panel wiring headers on its
motherboards, so you have to figure it out yourself. And, they are not
necessarily the same among all Compaqs... Ben Myers

Old August 20th 05, 09:10 AM
rmc

Ben Myers schreef:
[...]

Unfortunately there's no documentation available in tthanks for the advice Ben, it works!wich of the 10 pins on the mobo are for wich specific cable-connection