Presario 7000US won't boot after adding DVD-RW

Old June 22nd 05, 01:27 PM
Frank

Default Presario 7000US won't boot after adding DVD-RW

Hi all,

I was adding a DVD-RW drive to my Presarion 7000US. The factory CD-RW drive
was set to CS, so I set the DVD to CS also. The computer didn't boot.

I switched the drives around, setting them master/slave. Still didn't boot.

I then disconnect all the drives, and reconnected them one by one. Same
problem. Finally, I try to boot with just the HD, that too did not boot.

The PS, CPU fan, HD and all optical drives would come on or would cycle.
But the POST screen would not come on. No beeps. The monitor power
indicator just blinks, as if not getting the signal. The monitor does work
on another computer.

Tried resetting CMOS. Didn't work.

Any help is appreciated.