DL580 No video possible memory board prob.

Old January 24th 07, 01:07 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Aeridyne

Default DL580 No video possible memory board prob.

I have a Compaq DL580 and it was seeming to work ok when i first first
plugged it in after getting it home. It booted and i got video and it
errored about the drive controller... I didnt have all of the drive
slots populated at the time so that could have been the reason, im not
sure if it is one of the types that has to have them all there to work
properly...

So after i checked it that far i moved it upstairs. I pulled the memory
board and looked at it, then i put it back in and powered it up. No
video now. I thought that it was the periph. card, so i removed the
cmos, that didnt fix it, so i removed the whole bios chip for a bit and
put it back in, still no fix. I left it alone for a while. Today i was
determined to get it working, I pulled out everything and closely
examined it. I noticed on the memory board that one of the ceramic box
resistors was broke off on one side. I tried to place it back and hope
the connection restored, but i still didnt get any video. Since the vid
went out it will power up and everything, with no errors about ram or
anything, the periph card error code led reads 00, which is normal
operation. It seems to boot just fine and go through and check all the
drives, but i never get any video... When i bought the server they said
it had intermitent problems, so i dont know if the mem board was already
messed up or not...

--
Aeridyne
Aeridyne's Profile: http://www.futurehardware.in/member.php?userid=664

Future Hardware - http://www.futurehardware.in

Old January 24th 07, 06:33 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Aeridyne

bump...
i know theres lots of compaq knowhow here...

Old January 24th 07, 06:17 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Aeridyne

what do i smell? come on someone help me out here...

Old January 24th 07, 08:30 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Jez T

"Aeridyne" wrote in message

what do i smell?

Yes, you smell. And you shouldn't expect in instant answer.

come on someone help me out here...

Try alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers - You tend to get better support than
you do here