Is My motherBoard PCI Express Compatiable??

Old October 31st 06, 12:18 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Apocolypse

Default Is My motherBoard PCI Express Compatiable??

Hey I dont know much about PC's and such But I Been
looking into the newer Video Cards and they say your Motherboard Must
be PCI Express Compatiable.How do I know if Mine Is??Here is The Info
on my PC and the info That I could Find On the Motherboard:

Compaq Presario 6000T
2.66 GHZ
1024 DDR Ram
Windows Xp (SP2)
and here is all the info I have found with some programs about my
Motherboard:
Motherboard Vendor:Microstar-International
Model:6A69VM4W
SERIAL#:311145336
Chipset Model:Intel 845(Brookdale Chipset)
BIOS MODEL:PHOENIX-AWARD BIOS v6.00PG
VENDOR:AWARD SOFTWARE INC.
BIOS I.D.:2/14/03-i845G-W627-6A69VM4WC-00
BIOS DATE:2/14/03

iF ANYONE CAN HELP WITH this info i need is this motheroard PCI
Express Compatiable Please Let me know or let me know if you need
additional info or the info on where to find outThank You,

Brian

Old October 31st 06, 12:31 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
craigm

Apocolypse wrote:

[...]

Did you look on HP's site?

Did you open the case and look?

I don't think so.

Old November 7th 06, 08:51 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
[email protected]

Apocolypse wrote:
Hey I dont know much about PC's and such But I Been
looking into the newer Video Cards and they say your Motherboard Must
be PCI Express Compatiable.How do I know if Mine Is??Here is The Info
on my PC and the info That I could Find On the Motherboard:

Compaq Presario 6000T

No. It does not have PCIe.