Can't Get Rid Of Norton 2004

Old September 1st 05, 09:17 PM
Giulio Barioni

Default Can't Get Rid Of Norton 2004

Hi All:

I have a Compact Presario desktop, and I just purchased Nortons
anti-spyware 2005. The problem is when I try to install it, a window
keeps coming up which says that I still have NIT 2004 still installed
and I need to un-install it before I can continue.

I have taken out everything which even remotely looks like Norton or
Symantec protection, even going to a friend who owns a computer repair
store and had him go through the computer, ( and he found programs with
Norton which I didn't find and deleted them), but when he tries to
install the 2005 version, the same thing happens to him.

Would calling the Norton company be helpful? Should I call Compaq and
hear what they have to say? Or is there a even more hidden program that
I and my computer friend missed?
Any help or suggestions would be helpful. Thanks again to everyone who
response.

Giulio //o-o\\
"Be kind to the people you meet on the way up, because you're gonna meet
the same people on the way down"---Ralph Kramden

Old September 1st 05, 10:40 PM
Nicholas D Richards

In article , Giulio
Barioni writes
[...]

Follow this URL (it will take you to the appropriate Symantec knowledge
base article on removing Norton Internet Security 2004).

http://tinyurl.com/7tfu9

It is a bit of a bugger to remove, good luck
--
Nicholas David Richards -

"Oł sont les neiges d'antan?"
Old September 2nd 05, 02:01 AM
Nicholas D Richards

In article , dickydoo
writes

"Nicholas D Richards" wrote in message
[...]

Is there an uninstall on the original Nortons 2004 disc ?

Symantec's advice is to use the Control Panel, 'Add/Remove Programs'
function and then to use a couple of programs that you download from
their site, and then remove some registry keys manually. That is why I
said it is a bit of a bugger.
--
Nicholas David Richards -

"Oł sont les neiges d'antan?"
Old September 2nd 05, 07:17 AM
Giulio Barioni

Hi All:

Thanks to everyone who took the time to help. I do appreciate it.

I went to the Norton web site and downloaded their program which removed
what needed to be removed. Then it was easy as pie to install the new
version.

Again, my thanks to those who help people like me who are still babes in
the computer world. Take care.