Armada 1750 - service partition not installable

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 4th 04, 01:13 PM
Joachim Gnauk

Default Armada 1750 - service partition not installable

Hi,

since some weeks I own a Compaq Armada 1750 notebook. When I bought it, the
service partition of the hard disk was missing. So there is no BIOS access
for me in the moment. On the HP/Compaq website, I found a tool which
created a bootdisk to setup the service partition again but while booting
from the floppy disk, it stops with the error message
"An error occured while loading". First I assumed that the floppy drive was
defect, but trying to boot from CD with the same image caused the same
error. What else can I do? Probabely the Image is - although downloaded
from the HP/Compaq Server - broken. Does anyone have this tool (SP8975) and
could boot with it without problems?

Thank you all in advance,

Joachim