Virus/spyware that is good, yet small to download?

Old June 10th 10, 04:56 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
willbill[_3_]

Default Virus/spyware that is good, yet small to download?

Virus/spyware that is good, yet small to download?

I've bought three current V/S packages and they all
seem to think that everone has high speed internet.

I use dialup and can't do an 8 hour download.

I'm know I'm OT for this newgroup, but please
post some useful suggestions and web addresses.

Thank you very much!

Bill
Old June 11th 10, 06:55 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

On 6/10/2010 9:56 PM, willbill wrote:
Virus/spyware that is good, yet small to download?

I've bought three current V/S packages and they all
seem to think that everone has high speed internet.

I use dialup and can't do an 8 hour download.

I'm know I'm OT for this newgroup, but please
post some useful suggestions and web addresses.

Thank you very much!

Bill

Try Avira Antivir, it's free for home use, just like AVG, but much
smaller. However, with dial-up, you'll have no choice but to wait, no
matter what you get.

Yousuf Khan
Old June 12th 10, 02:34 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Del Cecchi[_4_]

"Yousuf Khan" wrote in message
On 6/10/2010 9:56 PM, willbill wrote:
Virus/spyware that is good, yet small to download?

I've bought three current V/S packages and they all
seem to think that everone has high speed internet.

I use dialup and can't do an 8 hour download.

I'm know I'm OT for this newgroup, but please
post some useful suggestions and web addresses.

Thank you very much!

Bill

Try Avira Antivir, it's free for home use, just like AVG, but much
smaller. However, with dial-up, you'll have no choice but to wait,
no matter what you get.

Yousuf Khan

Many public libraries have high speed internet access. Perhaps you
can download to a thumb drive or if your computer is portable bring it
in.

Old June 12th 10, 04:51 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

On 6/12/2010 7:34 AM, Del Cecchi wrote:
"Yousuf wrote in message
Try Avira Antivir, it's free for home use, just like AVG, but much
smaller. However, with dial-up, you'll have no choice but to wait,
no matter what you get.

Yousuf Khan

Many public libraries have high speed internet access. Perhaps you
can download to a thumb drive or if your computer is portable bring it
in.

The problem is that you can't go running to the library everytime there
is a virus scanner update (i.e. everyday). Even the small definition
files are huge for dial-ups.

I know what the OP is talking about completely though, as I am currently
staying in Bangladesh, and "high-speed Internet" in this country is
barely twice as fast as dial-up. I think my home broadband back in
Canada was as much bandwidth as most corporations get in this country.

Yousuf Khan
Old June 12th 10, 03:25 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
willbill[_3_]

Fri, 11 Jun 2010 23:55:15 +0600, Yousuf Khan wrote:

On 6/10/2010 9:56 PM, willbill wrote:
Virus/spyware that is good, yet small to download?

I've bought three current V/S packages and they all
seem to think that everone has high speed internet.

I use dialup and can't do an 8 hour download.

I'm know I'm OT for this newgroup, but please
post some useful suggestions and web addresses.

Thank you very much!

Bill

Try Avira Antivir, it's free for home use, just like AVG, but much
smaller. However, with dial-up, you'll have no choice but to wait, no
matter what you get.

Yousuf Khan

Yousuf, thank you very much.

With System Suite 10 it was 108MB and it had to be done
without restart!

Decent writeup at wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avira

cnet is one place to d/l it. Maybe also tucows.
Started with cnet but canceled due to my weather.

"Only" 42MB, but as an .exe where I can restart.

I've got thunderstorms today and tomorrow so will
have to wait a while.

Bill

OT (a bit) - Recommendations for software firewall, anti-virus andanti-spyware Bob Pownall Dell Computers 15 May 9th 09 11:31 AM
Virus, Spyware? journey Dell Computers 7 April 30th 06 01:03 AM
Adware/Virus/Spyware? Joe General 10 January 7th 06 08:20 AM
Virus/Spyware software sportsguyfan General 4 December 27th 05 05:30 AM
Technician for Spyware and Virus WebWalker General 0 December 9th 04 02:05 PM