Can anyone recommend a cheap network card for ghosting?

Old October 28th 04, 10:46 AM
Jimmy99

Default Can anyone recommend a cheap network card for ghosting?

Hey folks,

Does anyone know of a cheap reliable NIC which comes with DOS drivers
for use with Norton Ghost? I don't want to waste anymore time on rogue
"odd" machines which have rare network cards, instead I think I will
put new cards in instead.

Cheers

Jim
Old October 28th 04, 12:10 PM
Skeleton Man

Does anyone know of a cheap reliable NIC which comes with DOS drivers
for use with Norton Ghost? I don't want to waste anymore time on rogue
"odd" machines which have rare network cards, instead I think I will
put new cards in instead.

Realtek RTL8139 based cards are what I'm using.. inexpensive and never had a
problem with em.. DOS drivers are available from the website, I just got
mine working the other day..

This might be of use (tutorial I used for DOS network setup):

http://www.lpt.com/windowsnetworking...s/Doscltcp.htm

Regards,
Chris

Old October 28th 04, 02:28 PM
Mac Cool

I would echo what Chris said about the 8139. Realtek chips are used on
many brands and many generics so they shouldn't be difficult to find.
Matter of fact, if you look on newegg.com they have bunch of them as low
as $7.00 each shipped.
--
Mac Cool

A strange problem with my network. Need advice E.D. General 4 October 16th 04 03:28 PM
Cheap dual port card? Vadim General 1 May 11th 04 01:04 AM
Modem not working properly with Network Card Installed Zilog Jones General 2 May 5th 04 03:13 PM
Network Card Probs... evil General 6 February 26th 04 01:43 PM
Wireless Network Card On Win98 Not Working Gary Brown General 2 December 12th 03 11:32 AM