Acer 1520 series

Old January 10th 11, 12:54 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Alain Dekker

Default Acer 1520 series

Not sure if this is an active newsgroup.

Have a Acer 1524WLMi which I've had for about 6 years. Works great, except
for one thing. I've set up a BIOS password. After showing the BIOS bootup
screen, I get a black screen with a blue box in the centre saying "Please
enter password". There is a blinking cursor where the entry is. 999 out of
1000 times, I enter the password, and Windows XP loads fine. But about once
every thousand times, I'll be entering the password and the cursor will stop
blinking and a few seconds later the laptop will power off. Once this
happens, it will probably happen a few times. If I leave the laptop alone
for a few hours, it usually recovers.

Very rare and very worrying.

Regards,
Alain

Old January 10th 11, 06:58 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Michel[_3_]

Le 10/01/2011 00:54, Alain Dekker a écrit :
Not sure if this is an active newsgroup.

Have a Acer 1524WLMi which I've had for about 6 years. Works great, except
for one thing. I've set up a BIOS password. After showing the BIOS bootup
screen, I get a black screen with a blue box in the centre saying "Please
enter password". There is a blinking cursor where the entry is. 999 out of
1000 times, I enter the password, and Windows XP loads fine. But about once
every thousand times, I'll be entering the password and the cursor will stop
blinking and a few seconds later the laptop will power off. Once this
happens, it will probably happen a few times. If I leave the laptop alone
for a few hours, it usually recovers.

Search in this site:
http://www.acerlaptoprepairs.info/aspire-1360-1520/

acer 1600 series too hot stefan Acer Computers 4 December 15th 08 09:45 AM
help getting acer 3000 series motherboard out pls stoorworm Acer Computers 4 April 3rd 08 06:00 PM
Acer 9300 series PWB Acer Computers 3 March 4th 08 05:02 PM
acer 2700 series & ram David Myles Acer Computers 1 July 26th 05 09:02 PM
Acer Aspire 2000 series ||ac|| General 3 April 6th 04 01:17 PM