Houston we have a problem ?! No HDMI on TRX40 motherboards ?!

Old November 15th 19, 04:25 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
King Beowulf[_3_]

Default Houston we have a problem ?! No HDMI on TRX40 motherboards ?!

On Sat, 09 Nov 2019 06:41:33 -0800, skybuck2000 wrote:

EEEEEEEHHHHH.

Seen one TRX40 motherboard from gigabyte extreme edition and one from
asus rog... both do not have HDMI ?! WTF ?!? (Check youtube)

I am looking forward to having HDMI on my new computer and now the
horror is the new threadripper 3 motherboards DON'T HAVE HDMI connectors
?!

WTF ?!

ALL motherboards designed specifically for CPUs that DO NOT have embedded
GPUs will not have HDMI or DVI ports. That is by design. Those ports will
be inactive anyway on any motherboard that has them unless the CPU has
and embedded GPU.

If you want HDMI audio, then threadripper is a NO and get instead a Ryzen
APU with Vega (or equivalent Intel); OR use a GPU card. Connect the PC/
GPU to the A/V box (mine's a Yamaha) and the monitor/TV to the A/V as
well (to the TV pass-through port). Works fine on boot here with Linux.
YMMV with Windows.

Old February 13th 20, 07:08 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

On Friday, November 15, 2019 at 4:25:43 PM UTC+1, King Beowulf wrote:
On Sat, 09 Nov 2019 06:41:33 -0800, skybuck2000 wrote:

EEEEEEEHHHHH.

Seen one TRX40 motherboard from gigabyte extreme edition and one from
asus rog... both do not have HDMI ?! WTF ?!? (Check youtube)

I am looking forward to having HDMI on my new computer and now the
horror is the new threadripper 3 motherboards DON'T HAVE HDMI connectors
?!

WTF ?!

ALL motherboards designed specifically for CPUs that DO NOT have embedded
GPUs will not have HDMI or DVI ports. That is by design. Those ports will
be inactive anyway on any motherboard that has them unless the CPU has
and embedded GPU.

As if HDMI is only for embedded GPU, sounds like horse ****.

I have two set top boxes here that have NO GPU at least no ATI or NVIDIA.

Can't use both yet, motorola vip 1963, not sure probably needs a card.

Will hack/ftp it later to put linux on it.

And Samsung Digital Cable Receiver DCB 9401R, should work with my ziggo television subscription...

Unfortunately this device needs a remote control to turn it on and I don't have the remote control.. hoping it's at my mother's place.

So CISCO and SAMSUNG both created some really crappy receivers at the time.

The cisco crap was so big, ready to get trashed, it's already in the trash bag, just have to dump it, gonna feel great once that metal hulk is gone.

Motorola one looks nicest so far, does have Harddisk.

Strangely enough the SAMSUMG has no harddisk, it's probably older only has SD standard tv or something... but seems like nice and simple device, might be nice for my TV... hoping to safe some money, would hate to pay for a ****ty decoder.
It's from 2004.

Something different.

See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya ! =D
Bye,