quick PCMCIA card

Old April 7th 05, 03:51 PM
Steve

Default quick PCMCIA card

Do they make a combo 10/100-802.11B/G WIRELESS PCMCIA card for laptops? I
have an older laptop with two PCMCIA slots and I need both 10/100-802.11B/G
capabilities as well as firewire input.

Old April 7th 05, 03:55 PM

Steve wrote:
Do they make a combo 10/100-802.11B/G WIRELESS PCMCIA card for

laptops? I
have an older laptop with two PCMCIA slots and I need both

10/100-802.11B/G
capabilities as well as firewire input.

I don't know, but you can get USB network adapters (wireless and
wired). Or would it be better to get a new laptop? You can get
laptops with all of these built in, and it'll be a lot faster than your
old one.

Old April 7th 05, 04:11 PM
Steve

wrote in message
ups.com...

Steve wrote:
Do they make a combo 10/100-802.11B/G WIRELESS PCMCIA card for

laptops? I
have an older laptop with two PCMCIA slots and I need both

10/100-802.11B/G
capabilities as well as firewire input.

I don't know, but you can get USB network adapters (wireless and
wired). Or would it be better to get a new laptop? You can get
laptops with all of these built in, and it'll be a lot faster than your
old one.

Thanks, I always forget about the USB wireless adaptors... and unfortunately
it's my boss's laptop and he spent something like $3000 in 1999 on it and
intends to use it for the next 50 years to make sure he gets his moneys
worth! I tried to get him to buy one from Dell for around $600 that had
everything he needed but he'd rather spend around $200 to modify this one to
suit his needs...

Old April 8th 05, 03:57 PM
Ed Medlin

"Steve" wrote in message
. ..
Do they make a combo 10/100-802.11B/G WIRELESS PCMCIA card for laptops? I
have an older laptop with two PCMCIA slots and I need both
10/100-802.11B/G capabilities as well as firewire input.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...=KNC-600673key

About every pcmcia card made is listed there. I don't see anything there
that will help you though.

Ed