Presario 710 battery charger dead

Old July 5th 04, 01:23 PM
Dillon Family

Default Presario 710 battery charger dead

I have a Presario 710 US on which the battery or the charger has gone south.

Unit works fine on AC. But battery life is about 5 minutes. Charging the
battery only restores it to about 5 minutes. Have had the machine for two
years and when new I could get maybe 90 minutes out of a charge, and I
always discharged the battery regularly so it wouldn't retain a "memory."

I could buy a new battery, but am concerned that if the charging system is
bad, the new battery will not work very long in the system.

Any recommendations? Thanks.

Old July 5th 04, 02:02 PM
Tom Scales

If the power supply allows it to work on AC, what makes you believe the
battery is not the problem? Two years is past the average life of a
battery. The batteries don't have a 'memory' and haven't since the old
NiCads.

Sounds like your battery is dead.

Tom
"Dillon Family" n3wmgATexciteDOTcom wrote in message
I have a Presario 710 US on which the battery or the charger has gone

south.

Unit works fine on AC. But battery life is about 5 minutes. Charging the
battery only restores it to about 5 minutes. Have had the machine for two
years and when new I could get maybe 90 minutes out of a charge, and I
always discharged the battery regularly so it wouldn't retain a "memory."

I could buy a new battery, but am concerned that if the charging system is
bad, the new battery will not work very long in the system.

Any recommendations? Thanks.

External battery charger, need help Nina Compaq Computers 1 January 28th 05 06:18 PM
Help needed with external battery charger for an LTE 5380? Sheepeh Compaq Computers 0 June 15th 04 06:05 PM
Battery dead? Sheepeh Compaq Computers 0 June 11th 04 01:27 PM
Presario 1800T battery question Mia Compaq Computers 1 February 1st 04 12:44 PM
External Battery Charger for Presario 2100? Richard Kaplan Compaq Computers 0 December 24th 03 02:41 PM