Compaq Armada M300 or HP Omnibook 6000?

Old July 2nd 04, 08:20 PM
Karl Shaw

Default Compaq Armada M300 or HP Omnibook 6000?

Hi all,

I have an Armada M300 600Mhz P3, 192 ram, 12Gb HDD, DVD+Floppy (DVD and
Floppy drives in Mobile Expansion Unit.), 4Mb Ati Rage LT Pro. I may soon
have the opportunity to upgrade to an Omnibook 6000 800Mhz P3, 256 ram, 20Gb
HDD, DVD (Internal), 16Mb Ati Rage Mobility Pro (I think that is the Gfx
Card.)

My question is, would it be worth it?

Thanks,

Karl.

Old July 3rd 04, 12:15 AM
Happy Canuck

Not really, not a great difference.

Is the M300 too slow, are there things you can't run?

If you don't need the compute diference, don't spend the money!

Bill

Old July 3rd 04, 04:05 AM
HH

Processor-wise, I agree. Not much difference. However, the Omnibook's Rage
Mobility video is noticeably faster than the older Rage LT Pro video, so if
graphics speed is important to you, take that into consideration.
HH

.cable.rogers.com...

Old July 3rd 04, 12:08 PM
Karl Shaw

Money isn't an object here at all. I would be aquiring it as an
ex-corporate laptop free of charge. Also, I do find the Graphics on my M300
a bit restricting when it comes to running a few games. Another question I
have is: The Omnibook is still on a Corporate Domain, with only a
"Power-User" username and password. I know the u/n and p/w for it, but if I
took it off the Domain to use on my home network workgroup, I would need to
know the administrators account u/n and p/w. Any way of finding out what
they are, and changing them? And what is the difference between a "Power
User" and an Admin account?
.. .