Proliant - 5 bay hot-swap cage.

Old October 21st 03, 02:02 PM
Positronic Cat

Default Proliant - 5 bay hot-swap cage.

My friend and I recently gutted an old dead Proliant server (something
with a P133 in it) We each took parts to add on to our existing
computers. One of the parts I took was the 5 disk-hotpluggable drive
cage, and 5 drives.

I hooked up a power supply to the cage (standard molex connectors) and
plugged it into my SCSI card. It works if I connect the FW SCSI
connector, but not the 50 pin ribbon connector. My SCSI card detects,
and spins up the drives, but when trying to access the drives through
Linux gets nothing but timeouts trying to access the drives in the
cage. (Only have 2 of the drives in the bay, 3 of them were DOA and
were removed)

The part number on the board is 169185-001.

Does anyone have any experiance getting these to work outside of a
Compaq server?

What do all the jumpers do, is there one to set/clear termination?

Does anyone know where to find a PDF reference guide for the board and
it's settings?
Old October 22nd 03, 01:37 PM
Positronic Cat

David wrote in message . ..
That is a single ended terminated SCSI backplane

Does that mean it will only work if the FW SCSI connector is hooked
up. AKA I can't use the 50 pin connector to hook to a 50 pin SCSI
card?

Mark

Hot swap trays for 2k3 taipan General 3 September 29th 04 06:55 AM
swap file Steve James General 23 January 10th 04 02:32 PM
help a oldtimer Vasko Altiparmakov Overclocking 12 December 3rd 03 03:06 PM
Compaq ready to go Jazzy Ban Compaq Computers 0 October 14th 03 02:54 PM
Compaq Proliant 5500 won't power up Jim Balson Compaq Computers 7 September 19th 03 12:05 AM