Which model do I own?

Old March 9th 07, 02:06 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Andreas Randolf

Default Which model do I own?

Hi,

I am trying to download drivers and a diagnostic diskette,
but I don't know what exact model I do own.

It is, however a small form factor model with the
following specifications:

- PIII, 450 MHz
- 64 MB SDRAM
- IDE disk 10 GB
- Intel Chipset FW82443BX & FW82371EB

The only label show a number, beginning with 89...

--
Gruß, Andreas

http://www.liegerad-fernweh.de

E-Mail nur an die Antwortadresse und mit "Usenet" im Betreff

Old March 9th 07, 03:36 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Ben Myers

Only DeskPros were made in the small form factor. Chipset is Intel 440BX.
Perhaps an early DeskPro EN? ...Ben Myers

Old March 9th 07, 08:17 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Andreas Randolf

Hal Ben,

Only DeskPros were made in the small form factor.
Perhaps an early DeskPro EN?

Yes is is, thanks. How Do I find out the exact
model?

The Compaq Diagnostics software tells me a lot
about the system, but not the model number.

Regards,

Old March 10th 07, 02:15 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
[email protected]

On Mar 9, 12:17 am, "Andreas Randolf" wrote:
Hal Ben,

Only DeskPros were made in the small form factor.
Perhaps an early DeskPro EN?

Yes is is, thanks. How Do I find out the exact
model?

The Compaq Diagnostics software tells me a lot
about the system, but not the model number.

Regards,

--
Gruß, Andreas

http://www.liegerad-fernweh.de

E-Mail nur an die Antwortadresse und mit "Usenet" im Betreff

Being as it's a pentium 3, 450mhz, small form factor; how about:

"Compaq Deskpro EN Small Form Factor P450+/810e"

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h...ang=en&cc=u s

The "P" series are Pentium 3s, followed by the megahertz number.
Where the celeron's are the "C" series.

The 810e refers to the graphics. In this case it's the Intel 82810e
integrated graphics.

(which is available direct from intel, if you can't find it at hp ).

Old March 10th 07, 02:44 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Ben Myers

Good memory there. From the standpoint of software drivers, all the SFF
computers with the 810e chipset are the same, regardless of CPU. It is also
possible to upgrade the later models to a 1GHz Pentium 3 or a 1.1GHz Celeron,
either one operating in the 1.65v -1.7v range... Ben Myers

Old March 10th 07, 02:54 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
[email protected]

On Mar 9, 6:44 pm, Ben Myers
wrote:
Good memory there.

This is the generation of computers I deal with daily. My memory is
pretty fresh on these.

From the standpoint of software drivers, all the SFF
computers with the 810e chipset are the same, regardless of CPU. It is also
possible to upgrade the later models to a 1GHz Pentium 3 or a 1.1GHz Celeron,
either one operating in the 1.65v -1.7v range... Ben Myers

I've never seen a 450mhz in a socket. All I've ever seen in that speed
is slots. I think it's possible to go faster, since the 450mhz is
almost the slowest p3 ever made. But slots require a bit of force to
pull in and out, so I don't like swapping them out if I don't have to.

Slots are made up to 1ghz (maybe a tad more), but they're very rare
above 650mhz or so. And the slotkets are pretty evil, they often don't
seat properly.

Old March 10th 07, 05:58 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Ben Myers

I deal with these some, but less and less lately.

I do not think that the 450MHz P3 was ever made in a Socket 370. Slowest
Socket 370 P3's I've ever seen are 550MHz. Yeah, Slot 1 was a very stupid
idea. Fortunately, Slot 1 died out really fast with the intro of Socket 370 and
PC133 memory. Not too many Slot 1 boards were made to handle the PC133 Slot 1
CPUs. Slotkets suck almost as badly as Slot 1 itself... Ben Myers

On 9 Mar 2007 18:54:41 -0800, " wrote:

On Mar 9, 6:44 pm, Ben Myers
wrote:
Good memory there.

This is the generation of computers I deal with daily. My memory is
pretty fresh on these.

From the standpoint of software drivers, all the SFF

Old March 10th 07, 08:03 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
[email protected]

On Mar 9, 9:58 pm, Ben Myers
wrote:
I deal with these some, but less and less lately.

I do not think that the 450MHz P3 was ever made in a Socket 370. Slowest
Socket 370 P3's I've ever seen are 550MHz.

They go down to 500mhz. But the socket 370 Celerons go a bit lower.
333ish, I think. You see them in old etowers, and pavillions.

Slowest p3 I've ever seen was 400mhz, and it lived in a Fujitsu tablet
pc. (A Prototype, with a touch screen and wireless.) I think it was
custom ordered, or was really a faster processor, and just
downclocked.

Yeah, Slot 1 was a very stupid
idea. Fortunately, Slot 1 died out really fast with the intro of Socket 370 and
PC133 memory. Not too many Slot 1 boards were made to handle the PC133 Slot 1
CPUs. Slotkets suck almost as badly as Slot 1 itself... Ben Myers

IMO, Slotkets suck worse than the slot 1 itself. They have a tendency
to come unseated. At least the true slots stay put once wrangled into
place.

wrote:
Good memory there.

This is the generation of computers I deal with daily. My memory is
pretty fresh on these.

From the standpoint of software drivers, all the SFF

Old March 10th 07, 10:26 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Andreas Randolf

Hi Paul,

Being as it's a pentium 3, 450mhz, small form factor; how about:
"Compaq Deskpro EN Small Form Factor P450+/810e"

The 810e refers to the graphics. In this case it's the
Intel 82810e integrated graphics.

There's a ATI graphics chip onboard. So it must be a
different model. The Pentium 3 sits in a slot, not
a socket.

Old March 10th 07, 02:04 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Ben Myers

Socket 370 Celerys were made in speeds as low as 333MHz, using the same PGA
ceramic packaging as the later Pentium and Pentium MMX chips. The later
Celerons, 566Mhz and above, used the newer green plastic FCPGA packaging. AFAIK,
Socket 370 Pentium 3s were only manufactured as FCPGA.

A pox on all slotted processors. May we never see them again... Ben Myers

On 10 Mar 2007 00:03:06 -0800, " wrote:

wrote:
Good memory there.

This is the generation of computers I deal with daily. My memory is
pretty fresh on these.

From the standpoint of software drivers, all the SFF