ATTN: Ben Myers again

Old February 23rd 06, 03:33 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Default ATTN: Ben Myers again

This photo shows the Synergy II card with the NLX bracket
http://members.lycos.co.uk/venus/v1557.jpg doesn't it ?

--
And to all those opposed...
Hmm...well

Old February 23rd 06, 04:32 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Nick,

Yes, that is an Elsa Synergy 32MB card with an NLX mounting bracket. It should
be just fine for your purposes... Ben Myers

Old February 23rd 06, 04:40 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Default Deskpro EN NLX AGP Graphics card

wrote:

This photo shows the Synergy II card with the NLX bracket
http://members.lycos.co.uk/venus/v1557.jpg doesn't it ?

Thanks that ones on a german auction at £ 11.64 currently - I`m gonna go
with the other one and try and change the bracket from my standard Rage Pro
NLX card.

--
And to all those opposed...
Hmm...well

Old February 23rd 06, 06:20 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

wrote:

This photo shows the Synergy II card with the NLX bracket
http://members.lycos.co.uk/venus/v1557.jpg doesn't it ?

Thanks that ones on a german auction at £ 11.64 currently - I`m gonna
go with the other one and try and change the bracket from my standard
Rage Pro NLX card.

btw how difficult is it to remove the NLX bracket from the Rage Pro I
haven't looked is it just a case of removing a few screws ?

--
And to all those opposed...
Hmm...well

Old February 23rd 06, 06:44 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Remove any screws which hold the bracket onto the card, then remove the pair of
thingies (the word escapes me) into which the monitor's SVGA connector is
secured... Ben Myers

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 17:20:52 -0000, "Nick Le Lievre"

Old February 23rd 06, 06:46 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Ben Myers wrote:
Remove any screws which hold the bracket onto the card, then remove
the pair of thingies (the word escapes me) into which the monitor's
SVGA connector is secured... Ben Myers

Ok thanks sounds simple enough... I can just about use a screwdriver lol

--
And to all those opposed...
Hmm...well

Old February 25th 06, 01:53 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Default Deskpro EN AGP Graphics Card NLX Form Factor Synergy II

I had the opportunity today to examine an ATI AGP card with an NLX mounting
bracket and an Elsa Synergy card with a stanard bracket. Somebody must have
made up a written standard for the dimensions of cards which fit in an NLX slot.
It was very clear from lining up the cards next to one another that the brackets
could be swapped between the two cards. This is the first time I had a chance
to compare cards like this... Ben Myers

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 12:57:13 -0000, "Nick Le Lievre"
wrote:

Nick Le Lievre wrote:
Ben Myers wrote:
Remove any screws which hold the bracket onto the card, then remove
the pair of thingies (the word escapes me) into which the monitor's
SVGA connector is secured... Ben Myers

Ok thanks sounds simple enough... I can just about use a screwdriver
lol

Even better I emailed the pic to the seller of the card I bought with the
standard AGP bracket for comparison and he's got a few NLX brackets in stock
so he's going to swap it over for me.

Old February 25th 06, 02:37 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Default Deskpro EN AGP Elsa Synergy II TNT2 Non Ultra NLX form factor

Ben Myers wrote:
I had the opportunity today to examine an ATI AGP card with an NLX
mounting bracket and an Elsa Synergy card with a stanard bracket.
Somebody must have made up a written standard for the dimensions of
cards which fit in an NLX slot. It was very clear from lining up the
cards next to one another that the brackets could be swapped between
the two cards. This is the first time I had a chance to compare
cards like this... Ben Myers

Well the next time someone comes on here asking for a graphics card upgrade
for the Deskpro EN 6*** series I think the Synergy II would be a good
recommendation as you can still get it cheap here

http://ostg.pricegrabber.com/user_sa...t_id=21951 05

and just change the bracket to the NLX one from the Rage Pro card in the
system to start with

--
And to all those opposed...
Hmm...well

Old March 1st 06, 03:33 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Default Deskpro EN Graphics Synergy II TNT2 Non Ultra AGP NLX form factor

Nick Le Lievre wrote:

Well the next time someone comes on here asking for a graphics card
upgrade for the Deskpro EN 6*** series I think the Synergy II would
be a good recommendation as you can still get it cheap here

http://ostg.pricegrabber.com/user_sa...t_id=21951 05

and just change the bracket to the NLX one from the Rage Pro card in
the system to start with

Recieved the Elsa Synergy II 32mb TNT2 Non Ultra AGP ATX/NLX with the NLX
bracket attached as promised and removed the ATI Rage Pro 4mb AGP NLX from
the system and installed the Synergy II without issue - fits no problem.

Booted the system it posted fine and installed the drivers it works
perfectly and this site http://tinyurl.com/cvbyg (amongst others) always
scrolls very fast now - no matter how many windows I open or apps I have
open on top. Now I`m just trying to figure out how to get 3D Mark 2001se to
work with Directx 9.0c and the Elsa drivers.

--
And to all those opposed...
Hmm...well